New Nasci

Started by BradH, November 25, 2016, 08:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BradH

Any first impressions or experience with the new Nasci?  Looks like it's replacing the Symetre and Saros.  Wonder how the internals will hold up, and if it really is an"upgrade" over what it replaces.

johndtuttle

Good gears in an all graphite body.

They are small reels for small fish and unless you winch 'em in like you are fishing the Bassmaster Classic you should get an excellent value.

BradH

I may give them a try. So far the Saros F has stood up to heavy topwater use, hope this will too. Battle and Battle II gears did not last long in the same use.

Florida Cracker

I know this is an old thread, but the last post was the very day I got one. Wife got it for me for Christmas. After almost 14 months of pretty heavy use I can say it is a fine reel. Still tight and very smooth. I was a little apprehensive about it but quickly began to like it. It's the 2500 size. A couple months ago I landed a 24" grouper with it and it handled the tussle well.

Three se7ens

I just picked up a nasci 3000 for inshore stuff.  Havent put any fish on it yet, but it looks pretty good.  Alan Hawk reviewed it favorably, and as usual, shows all of the internals.  I like that its (mostly) sealed.  The reel is very smooth, and casts exceptionally well with light lures.  Thats a big deal for me, I spend a lot of time throwing artificials that may only be 1/4 oz. 

Three se7ens

Quote from: Three se7ens on June 10, 2018, 10:26:39 PM
I just picked up a nasci 3000 for inshore stuff.  Havent put any fish on it yet, but it looks pretty good.  Alan Hawk reviewed it favorably, and as usual, shows all of the internals.  I like that its (mostly) sealed.  The reel is very smooth, and casts exceptionally well with light lures.  Thats a big deal for me, I spend a lot of time throwing artificials that may only be 1/4 oz. 

Been spending some quality time with my Nasci 3k and Daiwa BG2500 lately.  Both are fantastic reels for light inshore work.  ~200 yds of 15 lb braid on each, and coupled with a light weight rod, both are a pleasure to sling artificials with all day.  Both are very smooth, but the BG is a little lighter to crank both unloaded and with a fish on.  Side by side, you can tell the difference in gearing efficiency/pulling power, but its slight enough than you'd not notice it using the reels separately.  The Nasci is mostly sealed, and thats a plus for fishing from a kayak like I do.  My inshore stuff doesnt usually get subjected to rough water, but its always in the back of my mind that the BG2500 is at risk from the salt water.  I do notice than I have to keep an eye on the tension screw for the handle on the Nasci.  I wish it had a screw in handle, but then it becomes the stradic FK.