Cortez Classic Jigmaster

Started by Maxed Out, December 01, 2016, 02:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larosha

Does anyone have a solution to this?
My stock spacing sleeve has too much space between it and the plate. The one I got from pro challenger is maybe a MM too think. I really don't want to get sand in this reel.

Shark Hunter

You are going to have to sand it down to fit.
On Page 7, Sal shows you how its done.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=16099.90
Life is Good!

Larosha

First field test with the reel was a success.
The fish couldn't pull drag on the strike and these fish usually have a violent initial run. I can't remember how tight I had the drag but I'm sure I didn't lock it all the way down.
Hawaiian lady fish or Awaawa. I think the fish weighed a good 4 lbs, no match for the setup apparently haha.

BryanC

Quote from: Larosha on December 07, 2016, 10:12:07 AM
Does anyone have a solution to this?
My stock spacing sleeve has too much space between it and the plate. The one I got from pro challenger is maybe a MM too think. I really don't want to get sand in this reel.

I made my own spacers out of 316SS tubing, and I'm happy with them.  Here's a link:
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=16596.0

BryanC

The spacers I made were for the other Cortez plates - the ones that fit onto stock/Tiburon/Accurate frames.  I'm not sure if the gear sleeve hole diameter on the Cortez Classic right side plate is the same or not.  If you're thinking about doing this, it would be best to measure the hole ID before buying tubing.

Maxed Out

I know I'm not the only person building a Cortez Classic. Let's see some of those builds. :o :o

How can anyone resist ?? I sure can't. Here is another fresh built 501 ready to chase albacore.

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Alto Mare

What do you expect? You're intimidating everyone with your awesome builds ;D.

Just as I suspected, that blue looks amazing with silver.

Very nice bud.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

twotone

My 501 Jiggy

twotone

steelhead_killer

Silver/blue is my next build.  Just sings!  How do you like that large EVA knob? 

Andy

Quote from: Maxed Out on December 10, 2016, 08:45:57 PM
I know I'm not the only person building a Cortez Classic. Let's see some of those builds. :o :o

How can anyone resist ?? I sure can't. Here is another fresh built 501 ready to chase albacore.

><)))">

Maxed Out

Quote from: steelhead_killer on December 11, 2016, 04:38:12 PM
Silver/blue is my next build.  Just sings!  How do you like that large EVA knob? 

Andy

Quote from: Maxed Out on December 10, 2016, 08:45:57 PM

Andy, the eva knobs are perfect for the jigmaster and very comfortable in the hand.

Anthony, sweet reel,.... a silver shift lever will finish that reel off nicely. :o :o

twotone

twotone

mo65

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 10, 2016, 08:51:52 PM
What do you expect? You're intimidating everyone with your awesome builds ;D.

That could be a possibility...Ted's builds are very impressive. Actually...my empty pockets are holding me back! :D
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

pompano joe

Still working through handle options.  Definitely want one the the eccentric levers from this thread!
Pompano Joe

steelhead_killer

Pompano Joe  that is a great set up.  Love the extra work on the drag star! 

Andy
><)))">

Maxed Out

Dear Mr Pompano ;D ;D say no more....your shifter will be ready soon and coming your way. Any particular color ??

-Ted