Accurate Twin Spin 20

Started by handi2, December 02, 2016, 11:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handi2

I have the little 6 reel and may buy this 20 size if it sounds right.

I haven't opened the reel. When you spin it fast as let it run it makes a slight "gear noise". My little 6 doesn't make and noise.

Anyone have one that can contribute about this noise. Are they noisy like the round reels??

Thanks,

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

johndtuttle

Quote from: handi2 on December 02, 2016, 11:55:56 PM
I have the little 6 reel and may buy this 20 size if it sounds right.

I haven't opened the reel. When you spin it fast as let it run it makes a slight "gear noise". My little 6 doesn't make and noise.

Anyone have one that can contribute about this noise. Are they noisy like the round reels??

Thanks,

Keith

Pure SS can be a little "buzzy"...the new Okumas have a little as well (metaloid and makaira spinners).

handi2

John I went thru the reel and it was super clean. Also very easy to work on.

It had one bad bearing on the right side of the main gear but nothing else. The reel is way overbuilt and the clutch bearing used could stop a truck.

It reels super smooth and easy but still has a gear noise that you can feel only when you spin it fast and let go.

You would never feel this when fishing.

I may still buy it and it comes with a very expensive OTI 7'8" rod. $500.00
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

fishgrain

i have sold my share of used SR twinspin 12 20 30 - agree way overbuilt EXCEPT the dang drag knob

it appears to me that water gets into the spool easily, almost everyone ive had was rusty down in the drag chamber of the spool. lots of mess in a hard place to remedy

this goes back a few years perhaps they are different now. and new spools aint cheap

most of them were noisy too, but on a positive note for transfer of power from handle to spool one of my favorite machines. thing is just a beast

of course this is all "bench" related feedback, never had the opportunity personally to fish one for something that can tug

fishgrain

rust and or salt down in there not a very nice thing - something to def look out for if you buy a used twinspin