Dam Quick 110

Started by steelhead_killer, December 04, 2016, 11:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelhead_killer

Just a quick thank you to Fred for the great little reels!  This one fits perfect on the old Glass Orvis 4 piece trout rod!  Love it!  Thank you!  Andy
><)))">

mo65

Great lookin' combo Andy! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

mo65

I figured rather than make another 110 thread I'd just post on Andy's thread...Andy is a cool guy...he won't mind the company. 8)  After spending time studying Fred's DAM Quick tutorials I felt confident enough to tear apart this mint 110. Again, I'm amazed by the design, a whole lotta reel in a tiny package. The drag stack is really cool on this model. A single clear teflon or vinyl friction washer inside the spool and a Resistex under spool washer. Unlike my 270 Super's tiny drags...this 110's washer is huge...as you can see in the first pic. It's nice and smooth too, more than enough power for most ultralight fishing. The next photo shows under the hood after servicing, that's a big motor for such a tiny ride! I gave this one to my brother for his birthday, he's crazy about these old bulletproof ultralights.

Rancanfish

Mo, your pic made it look so simple that I decided to pull off the side plate on a 110n that I bought off my sis's boyfriends garage sale stuff.  I gave him too much, but....after sitting in a file cabinet drawer for a year, here it is.

The spool and shaft and everything would just pull all the way out if I pulled on it. It is a different assembly, but it's pretty obvious there's a pin or something missing off the arm. And the small under spool washer is gone.

Someone tried to service it pre-Tani.com. 

And yes, tiny drags.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

mo65

Randy, that 110N is similar to the older 110, but has a few differences. Fred's 110N tutorial will keep you straight. The 110N has the drag stack with hex drags, pretty cool for a reel this old. 8)

foakes

Randy --

PM me your current address -- and I'll drop the connecting pin in the mail later today for the 110N.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

festus

Quote from: Rancanfish on December 01, 2017, 05:07:01 PMThe spool and shaft and everything would just pull all the way out if I pulled on it. It is a different assembly, but it's pretty obvious there's a pin or something missing off the arm. And the small under spool washer is gone.
Yes, on the schematic that part is called "pin for slide" part no. 104-290.  I knew Fred would have one (or several).  :)

foakes

I'll send an under spool washer also, Randy --

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

foakes

Very nice work on that little 110, Mike --

Most folks don't know that a 110 uses the same body, sideplate, and transmission sleeve insert as a 220 -- main difference is the size of the spool and rotor.

Finally cranking up the assembly line to near full capacity this week.

Finished a few overdue reels in the backlog so far this week -- today am aiming to complete (2) Mitchell 308 builds from scratch, another 110 from loose parts, an "N" for a member, and a complete restoration from scratch of an extremely rare Quick 275 Super 2-Speed for another friend and member on our site.  This will include Adam's new custom drag stack with CFs and new metal washers.

Plus digging up 270 and other parts to send out to members.

Completed a nice 110 yesterday from loose new parts and a rough donor carcass.

Down to around 71 reels to service, restore, and repair.  Will stop a week before Christmas -- hopefully, I should be nearly completed by then.

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

happyhooker

All great info on a well thought of reel--the 110.

Frank

festus

Saw a Super 270 a few minutes ago on Facebook for $30 shipped. Started to respond but I have a big one already, 550N.  Been looking for a 110 so I'll wait.

handyandy

Quote from: mo65 on December 01, 2017, 04:02:21 PM
   I figured rather than make another 110 thread I'd just post on Andy's thread...Andy is a cool guy...he won't mind the company. 8)  After spending time studying Fred's DAM Quick tutorials I felt confident enough to tear apart this mint 110. Again, I'm amazed by the design, a whole lotta reel in a tiny package. The drag stack is really cool on this model. A single clear teflon or vinyl friction washer inside the spool and a Resistex under spool washer. Unlike my 270 Super's tiny drags...this 110's washer is huge...as you can see in the first pic. It's nice and smooth too, more than enough power for most ultralight fishing. The next photo shows under the hood after servicing, that's a big motor for such a tiny ride! I gave this one to my brother for his birthday, he's crazy about these old bulletproof ultralights.

Mo your 110 looks MINT! I've manage to acquire 3 110's and a 110N I've gone through one of the 110's myself and made CF washer like the one I bought from Fred a while back. They are awesome little reels one of my favorite now. Other than the basically new one Fred sent me none of mine are nearly as pristine looking as yours good find there. I need to go through my 110n debating on if I should try to make CF drag washers or not being hex shaped not sure how well it will work out.

festus

I just now pulled the trigger on one of these 110. It should be here early next week. Been patient looking for one and passed up some better deals on the 110N series. 

mo65

Way ta go Festus! You'll love this reel. 8)

happyhooker

Quote from: mo65 on December 01, 2017, 04:02:21 PM
  I figured rather than make another 110 thread I'd just post on Andy's thread...Andy is a cool guy...he won't mind the company. 8)  After spending time studying Fred's DAM Quick tutorials I felt confident enough to tear apart this mint 110. Again, I'm amazed by the design, a whole lotta reel in a tiny package. The drag stack is really cool on this model. A single clear teflon or vinyl friction washer inside the spool and a Resistex under spool washer. Unlike my 270 Super's tiny drags...this 110's washer is huge...as you can see in the first pic. It's nice and smooth too, more than enough power for most ultralight fishing. The next photo shows under the hood after servicing, that's a big motor for such a tiny ride! I gave this one to my brother for his birthday, he's crazy about these old bulletproof ultralights.

The big keyed washer that presumably fits between the drag knob and the drag washer--is that a flat washer or some kind of cupped spring washer?

Frank