Cutting a big halibutt off the hook!

Started by gstours, December 05, 2016, 05:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Usually this is not a problem, :-\ but I was lucky enough to film part of a great day this summer! :o
  As you can see the hotrodded Penns are up to helping insure success.   Enjoy. ; ;D

gstours

Sorry too the red cooler was kinda covered with bait, and slightly disorganized! :-*
    But by public demand its included! ;)

STRIPER LOU

Man O Man Gary, that was a big flattie! Someday!!!!! ;)  ;D

Dominick

Gary it was hard to estimate the size of that butt.  What is your estimate of the weight?  good job as usual.  BTW you are doing a better job of keeping your head still.  :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

akfish

Great to see you release the big ones. All halibut over 60# are spawning age females. I never keep anything over about 50# anymore. The big ones are a hassle to process and not nearly as good on the table.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

David Hall

Quote from: akfish on December 05, 2016, 07:37:28 PM
Great to see you release the big ones. All halibut over 60# are spawning age females. I never keep anything over about 50# anymore. The big ones are a hassle to process and not nearly as good on the table.

I agree the ten pounders are the best eating, that's why they're the only ones I catch!  I don't even let the big ones eat my bait.

Bill B

"I don't even let the big ones eat my bait.'    Now thats smart fishing :D

great fishing as always......Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

the rockfish ninja

He's pretty good with that knife..............very Ninja-like. ;)
Deadly Sebastes assassin.