Hi Randy I need !!!!

Started by mitch27, December 08, 2016, 12:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitch27

Do you have a jigmaster 500 penn red spool ?

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thanks for your message Mitch.  Yes, I think that I have a half-dozen or so, and a couple in silver as well.  All have been tested to spin true.  The price varies according to condition.  How nice do you want?

Thanks again,

Randy

mitch27

This will be spooled with line and used . Maybe an 8 . Its going in a CC jigmaster classic kit . Thanks mitch27

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Sorry for the delay in responding Mitch.  I have a good used red Penn aluminum 500 spool that spins great but has some blemishes that will not show with line on the spool that I would rate as an 8 and I can sell it for $20 Paypal plus $3 for shipping by USPS first class parcel with tracking.  If that works for you, I will send you a Paypal invoice and ship on Monday.

Thanks,

Randy

ReelFishingProblems

Randy,

As long as this thread is on spools, I hope you don't mind if I tag along. Do you have any colored spools for a 114h?

Thanks,

Nick

Vintage Offshore Tackle

No problem Nick.  The only colored spools that I have for the 114H are the red Penn aluminum Anniversary spools.  Would one of those work for you, and if so, are you looking for collector condition or fishing condition or something in between?

Thanks,

Randy

mitch27

Hi Randy , send an invoice , I'll take it . thanks mith27

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thanks Mitch.  If you will PM or email your Paypal email address to me at rfpauly@aol.com, and confirm your shipping address, I will send you a Paypal invoice and can ship tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Randy

ReelFishingProblems

Randy,

What are the different prices for fishable/non-collector quality spools?

Thank you,
Nick

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Nick, I have a tested-true spool that appears to be very near mint except that the edges of the rims have had the anodizing scratched off.  I would guess that it was rubbing in the reel that it was in, but I put it in another reel and it wasn't rubbing.  The anodizing is still a deep rich red.  I can sell it for $39 including shipping to anywhere in the USA.  If that works for you, I would be happy to send some photos.

Thanks,

Randy

ReelFishingProblems

Randy,
That sounds perfect. All my fishing gear is packed up for the move to Tampa, so when I get settled there and if you still have it, I definitely want it. New Years resolution to continue spending money on reels will start out right!

Thanks,
Nick

Vintage Offshore Tackle

No rush Nick, I have a few of them.  Let me now when you are ready and I hope that your move goes smoothly.

Thanks,

Randy

mitch27

Hi Randy , just wanted to say thanks , got the spool in the reel . Now maybe you have a 29L-112  ?  Not a 112H . Let me know . Thanks again Mitch

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thank you for letting me know that all is well Mitch.  Nothing makes my day like a happy customer!  I am sorry to say that while I have lots of aluminum 112H spools, I do not have any aluminum 112 spools.  That's going to be a very challenging hunt, as I have never seen one, although I know that they were supposedly manufactured.  You might want to dump the 112, which does not have many redeeming qualities, and start with something else, or narrow it to a 2/0, for which you should be able to find an aluminum spool relatively quickly, as it uses the same size spool as the 60, which is relatively common.  That's just my two cents worth.

Merry Christmas,

Randy