Father son PV trip with Marlas Sportfishing

Started by David Hall, December 08, 2016, 01:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Hall

We're  5hrs from boarding our flight to PV at SFO.  It's been a year in the planning and I'm following the tracks of our fearless leader who fished with the brothers Osuna last week.  Hoping we can have as much fun as he and Ben did.  This year my son Shane is traveling down with me for the trip, it will be the first fishing we've done together in a over a year.  He's grown up and married with four kids of his own, a daughter Izzy in high school, another daughter Maddy and a son David both in grade school and a 4 month old baby girl Sophia.  His older kids are all involved in sports and dance and theater and his wife's a school teacher, they're constantly on the go with football, baseball, softball, water polo, soccer, dance and theater recitals, it's one thing after another and never a day to fish with dad.  We always manage to find a time that works to get him and all the kids out for a day of salmon or rock fishing and they're growing up enjoying it as much as we do but more and more other activities are taking precedence.  believe me its all good and I'm lucky enough to have them live right next door to me and the kids are here almost as much as they're home.  So this year I decided to treat him to this fantastic opportunity to fish for cow tuna, know way he could turn that down. 
  So today is the day, little David is upset, the two people he loves most in the world are leaving him for a fishing trip and he can't go, he's only 8 and it won't be long he will be old enough to make this trip but not today.  He dropped by last night to tell me goodbye and I could tell he's crushed but trying to be strong.
It's not easy for me to leave him in such a state, I imagine my son is having a worse time of it.  They planned a special breakfast this morning before we leave.
There's a rainstorm outside and I have to load our coolers into the truck for the drive to SFO.
There won't be any fish reports until Tuesday next week unless we manage to get a text through to Alan sometime Monday.  Until then Aloha

SantaBarbarian

It will be David's turn before he knows it. Have a fun trip!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Sounds like a dream come true.  As much fun as it is to catch a nice fish, it has to be even better to watch your son catch one.  Good luck!

coastal_dan

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

David Hall

Just got the coolers emptied into the freezer, it was defrosted and emptied prior to my trip.  I canned the last of the tuna I had.  The top two shelfs were completely empty and the bottom drawer was too.  Now the top shelf is filled with various species of rock fish, Pargo, Amber Jack, Giant Trevali, so,e other kind of  Pargo and a couple species I don't remember, the other shelf and the bottom drawer are filled with Yellowfin tuna.  As you might suspect we caught a lot of fish and both of us caught a cold that has been kicking my butt.  Lots of pics and some decent video I have to process and clean up the sailor talk before posting but over the next couple days I'll get to it.  Suffice to say it was three days of non stop action from dark in the morning into dark of the night and even during the night for any who had the energy or inclination to participate.  We lost count of tuna on day three and the bottom fishing was off the hook as well, we all caught monsters like 60lb dog tooth snappers and 100lb grouper.  I witnessed fishing techniques that have to be seen to be believed. My estimate on total count is somewhere in the neighborhood of fifty tuna and nearly as many rock fish.

Bryan Young

😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

totally different trip than ours.  you really slayed 'em.  don't worry too much about the language in the video.  i know it's ALOT of work to edit.  congrats!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

STRIPER LOU

WOW! Sounds like the trip of a lifetime. Can't wait to see the video and pics and sharing this experience with your son ..... what could possibly be better?
.............Lou

thorhammer

Good job DH!!!!!! nice eats you put away and always cool when you catch the oddball stuff.

ReelFishingProblems

Wow! That sounds like the trip of a lifetime! Your freezer looks better than my fish market

Nick

theswimmer

Great job guys!
Sounds like a fish BBQ is in order....
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!