Penn Accurate Squidder 140 Magnum

Started by mbyoung, December 08, 2016, 04:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbyoung

I am trying to reassemble a stripped Penn Accurate Squidder 140 Magnum. I have started with both side plates and the magnum spool. Assembling the side plate with the clicker I have found the clicker spring from a Squidder, and 500 to be .125" short from centered on the bearing. Is there a special Accurate clicker for this, or will a clicker from another Penn reel work? My only fix right now is to drill and tap another set of 2-56 holes .125" closer to center.

mikeysm

I have a 145 squidder magnum and the squidder spring is the correct one. I believe the 500 has the same spring.

Mike

Cortez_Conversions

Try using the clicker dog from a JigMaster.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

mikeysm

The 500 and 113 all have the same clicker spring. I replaced the one in my magnum with one from Scott bait and tackle.

Mike

mbyoung

The spring from a 113 & 500 that are the same are .125" too short from centering on the bearing.

JRD

Quote from: mbyoung on December 10, 2016, 05:29:42 AM
The spring from a 113 & 500 that are the same are .125" too short from centering on the bearing.

I have a 140 magnum.  The stainless spring that comes with the accurate is slightly elongated, not round like it would be on the penn plates.  Rather than drill the plates I would try to stretch a brass spring to fit.  Slightly flatten the circle of the spring then read shape the clicker ends to engage the dog.

ez2cdave

Quote from: mbyoung on December 08, 2016, 04:23:47 PM
I am trying to reassemble a stripped Penn Accurate Squidder 140 Magnum. I have started with both side plates and the magnum spool. Assembling the side plate with the clicker I have found the clicker spring from a Squidder, and 500 to be .125" short from centered on the bearing. Is there a special Accurate clicker for this, or will a clicker from another Penn reel work? My only fix right now is to drill and tap another set of 2-56 holes .125" closer to center.

Please post PICS . . .

Tight Lines !