Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taily, Milan S, circlehook, Jigtosser, Byron, MACflyer, jtwill98, mike1010, hrgriz (+ 2 Hidden) and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carl L

Nice,  Now THAT'S a fish !!

Navidad Nutcase

Thanks. My first time in Texas. About 25 miles out from Mansfield. I commented on how stable the oilrig platforms were floating on the sea and my guide says ''they're not floating they are on the bottom.'' 25 miles offshore and 50 feet of water ! He also said this was the biggest snapper he'd ever seen, so we chucked him overboard (the fish)and caught a couple smaller ones.. Made ''civeche deluxe'' ( tomato, lettuce, onion, calindro, lemon, and a secret homemade liquid) right there on the boat. Delicious.
Greg
Don't criticize our kids. We too were once "young n' dumb".... Fortunately - and sadly - neither condition is permanent.

Carl L

Are you still in tx? I'm 1.5hrs north of galveston. (Would love someone to go offshore with...

ez2cdave

Quote from: Navidad Nutcase on January 19, 2018, 07:00:56 AM
o.k. here goes....assuming I can figure how to put it here.

OH, YEAH . . . What time is Dinner ?  Great Catch !

Tight lines !

Navidad Nutcase

Carl, I live on Vancouver Island , I just went down to try for a swordfish but the weather has to be flat calm to get out 60 miles and back in on the same day. Didn't happen but we did get out to the derricks for some bottom fishing.

greg
Don't criticize our kids. We too were once "young n' dumb".... Fortunately - and sadly - neither condition is permanent.

alantani

both you and hardy boy are up there?  ben and i are coming up in april for a fully guided trip.  not sure where on the island you are, but maybe dinner some evening? 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Navidad Nutcase

sounds like a great plan to me Alan. Maybe the three of us can PM (I think that's the jargon) each other. But I'll have to figure out how. I know it's not wise to put an email address here.
I will Definitely be around. We just bought a new house, ( possession date TODAY ! ) so the boss has informed me that fishing is sitting in a back row seat - for now.

Where you fishing? Sooke, Bamfield, Port Hardy, Campbell River or somewhere in between? I'm in Nanaimo.
greg

alantani

crud.....  we're going to fly direct from vancouver to port hardy.  looks like you're a long ways away!   :-\

Navidad Nutcase

Well you got that right....P. Hardy is as far away as you can get from me. but the GOOD news is, you couldn't pick a better place on the west coast of B.C. to fish for salmon, halibut, Rock fish and you gotta get some Ling cod. Eat a ling and you will never want halibut again.

As far as supper - My buddy and I fish Port Hardy every spring. Don't know when we are going this year April, May, June.(his uncle is a retired charter Captain and still owns a Bertram - he says ''come'' and we ''go'') so we may still see you there.
Greg

alantani

Wu Wai Kong

Hello guys!

Alan, I am your fan! Learned a lot from your tutorials!  :D

Greetings from Brazil! I am Kong Wu (Brazilian born chinese) and live in Salvador,Bahia Brazil. You guys must have heard of Carnival in Rio lol.
I have been fishing since a kid and I just found this wonderful community to learn and share fishing experiences.

We are lucky to have the second largest bay in the world; Baia de Todos os Santos (All Saints Bay). Due to the Tropical climate, we can fish all year long....

Currently Jumping Jig is the most efficient technique used around here, using from 60grams to 200g on 40 meters to 120meters depths. We also do Trolling, Live Bait (mostly for Amberjacks) and deep water fishing for Snappers (150-300 meters)

I also do some reel maintenance on my own fishing equipment and for some friends.

I realized that fishing starts much before catching the fish lol  The ritual of preparing the equipment, buying new Jigs, making the support hooks, testing new gears and accessories  ;D ;D ;D

I hope we can share experiences and learn new stuff with you guys!

Kind regards!

Donnyboat

Hi Kong Wu, & welcome, nice presentation, good people here, cheers don, from sunny Western Australia.
Don, or donnyboat

David Hall

Welcome Kong!  Sounds like an incredible Bay to fish.  I fish Monterey Bay Ca.

alantani

Navidad Nutcase

welcome from (at present) soggy wet Vancouver Island, Canada.
Greg