Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squiggy, eguinn, PacRat, redfish12, hrgriz, MACflyer, Brendan and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Decker

Quote from: Bill Flerx on August 02, 2018, 07:13:17 PM
Back into fishing and gear.  Any way to improve the older Saltist 30T, 40 & 50 or should I just leave them in the garage on a 1.5 day trip out of San Diego?

Bill, welcome!   

Your question sounds a bit complex, but I'd guess you will find support for using your Daiwas here.  Here is the Daiwa board:  http://alantani.com/index.php?board=7.0

Cheers,

/Joe

alantani

Quote from: Bill Flerx on August 02, 2018, 07:13:17 PM
Back into fishing and gear.  Any way to improve the older Saltist 30T, 40 & 50 or should I just leave them in the garage on a 1.5 day trip out of San Diego?

Carbontex drag washers and cal's grease is the best place to start.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Crow

Glad you joined us !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Ou2c

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the add admins!

Name is Mike. Been an avid fisherman for a while now and a recent collector - mainly old stuff :). Anyhow, found this forum after doing a quick google search on "bearing packers". I'm tired :( of packing bearings manually with the good 'old fingers. Lots of great info here. I'm glad I came across this forum. I now have new reading material for the next few months and look to forward to chatting with you all. Thanks again!

alantani

welcome!  sorry, but the bearing packers are on back order still.  i hope to have them by november.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Ou2c

Quote from: alantani on August 31, 2018, 08:40:20 PM
welcome!  sorry, but the bearing packers are on back order still.  i hope to have them by november.

No worries, Alan. No big deal.

foakes

Welcome aboard, Mike!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

bhale1

welcome Mike,
I hope you enjoy your stay!!
Brett

Tiddlerbasher

Hi Mike and welcome from the UK - Chris.

happyhooker

Welcome Mike/Ou2c, from Minnesota USA.

Frank

gstours

Welcome,  send us some reel and fissh pictures when you can,   everybody likes pictures. :D

Mogambo

Howdy...I live in the southeast corner of California and have fished all my life for corvina in the Salton Sea until they disappeared , bass locally and in the Colorado River and lots of bay fishing in San Diego. I have always enjoyed repairing my own reels and building fishing rods, making lures, etc. Looking forward to learning more from this site.

foakes

Welcome Mogambo —

And we will also learn from you...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.