Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyJoe, akroper, mike1010, jtwill98 and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

lil-man-1

Fred,
I'm Located in San Diego California , but I do most of my fishing in ensenada , normally target yellowtail depending the season, as for gear preference at the moment penn squall and seagate.

Best regards
Tom.

mceehops

Hello all!  I am new member and wanted to introduce myself.  My name is Marc and I am from Ventura California.  I am life long fisherman, who for some odd reason is just getting into the bigger game / exotic / San Diego Mexico scene.  What have I been waiting for???  I am hooked, pun intended.  I have been on four or so 1.5 trips out of San Diego, but need to up that number!!  I just got a kayak and am in the process of getting set up for fishing.  I fish locally on sport boats as often as I am able... we have had some decent fishing in the last few years with YT and WSB mixing it up with the usual Calico, rockfish scene.  This is looking to be another great season!!

I am heading out for an overnight trip on the Amigo out of Ventura Sportfishing tomorrow night looking for exotics, but we'll see what we can find!  The WSB have been showing up more and more...

I found this site while browsing on Bloody Decks, so here I am!

Fish on.

Marc

foakes

Welcome aboard, Marc -- we all try to help each other.

You will find, and hopefully contribute much information.

Thanks for being on deck.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

TomT

Marc,
Welcome.  I used to live in the Fresno area.  In the mid 70's I did a fly-in trip to Loreto in Baja, Mx.  We did charters with Mexican Panga fishermen.  It was great fun but while we were there a gringo came in with his own car-top boat and fishing equip and I was "hooked".  I bought him a few drinks in the bar and was amazed that you could actually drive down there.--Wasn't always possible..   When I retired I started going every year with a camper, then a trailer and a car top boat.  Bottom line--this is still possible to drive down and camp almost on the beach and to launch your own boat over the sand and fish most days.  Come on down and you will love it. 
TomT

mceehops

Hello Tom,
Wow!  That does sound amazing!  I would love to go on a Panga trip, or find someone who has a small boat down there to fish...  What do you typically target from your small boat??  I have been to Cabo a few times, fishing only once.  It was all Marlin when I was there (actually a year ago this weekend) as the Yellowtail were not around.  One of these years I am going to try to fish from the surf...

alantani

Mikepritchard

Hi, my names Mike, I'm 24 and live in Cape Coral, FL.
My friend gave me my first old Penn No 85 and a Penn 60 Long beach awhile back and I really took a liking to them. I found your website Alan and it was the easiest and best tutorial I could find for rebuilding. Thank you very much for your information as well as everyone else's. I could not have done it without you! I have acquired several other reels since then and I'm starting to "hot rod" some of them  8)
I also must say though no thanks for allowing me to start building a collection of them!!  ;D ;D ;D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

foakes

Welcome aboard, Mike --

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

welcome, mike!  when working on these reels, remember rule #2. 

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=13955.0

reeltime

Hello, I'm a Florida gulf coast angler by way of Virginia and Hawaii. Alan has been very helpful in the past with Newell questions, and I am grateful for this site.
Mahalo

eel68

Hi Everyone,

I live in Bristol in UK. I have just been re-bitten by the sea angling bug. My last trips were in the 70s and 80s fishing wrecks in the English Channel. Well digging out my old reels, a Mitchell 622, a Policansky Monitor 4 and a Tatler by Grice and Young, I decided to strip and replace worn corroded parts. This site is an immense source of info. for me, Redsetta even has same Tatler from 1955-60!

tight lines,

Ivor.

alantani

welcome!  check out some of the newer gear available.  quite a bit has changed since you fished last!   ;D