Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish, PacRat, DolemiteSF0, hrgriz, Taily, carpslinger, Juan, mackereljoe, funhog, circlehook (+ 1 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Scobrey

Hello all,
Scott from just outside of Nashville, TN.  I've been following the forum for a couple of years for my reel maintenance and have learned, or at least mimicked, a lot.  Finally had a question I couldn't answer just searching and decided to join.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Scott welcome to the "neighborhood"... :)

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

Welcome Big Scoot!
Life is Good!

rajuncajun

This is my first post on here also. Trying to get back into land based shark fishing, after being out for many years. just bought a 10/0 off ebay, it was sposed to be a 12/0, but decided to keep it due to I've only seen one other 10/0 in my life. I'll have my hands on it this afternoon, but from the pics. my mother in law sent me it looks like a gen 2 reel. Found this site trying to research age of reel, and every time I google it Alan's name kept coming up, So sounds like he's the man. Like my old man always said, If you ain't the best, just stand next to the man who is, your bound to learn something. Also have some questions on Abu 7000 Lever Drag, possibly upgrading drag system. Thanks in advance.

Bryan Young

Welcome RajunCajun,

There are a few love of Sharkers from land here.  You are in good company.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

1Forecon

Howdy neighbor-Lenoir City TN. Hope you enjoy this site as much as I do. Lots of excellent people and incredible knowledge to be gleaned and traded here.

Welcome aboard.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

rajuncajun welcome to the "neighborhood"...

Shark Hunter

Quote from: rajuncajun on August 20, 2015, 01:48:05 PM
This is my first post on here also. Trying to get back into land based shark fishing, after being out for many years. just bought a 10/0 off ebay, it was sposed to be a 12/0, but decided to keep it due to I've only seen one other 10/0 in my life. I'll have my hands on it this afternoon, but from the pics. my mother in law sent me it looks like a gen 2 reel. Found this site trying to research age of reel, and every time I google it Alan's name kept coming up, So sounds like he's the man. Like my old man always said, If you ain't the best, just stand next to the man who is, your bound to learn something. Also have some questions on Abu 7000 Lever Drag, possibly upgrading drag system. Thanks in advance.
Lets see a picture of that Gen 2 Reel you speak of.
10/0's only have the chrome brass spool, so I just want to know what you mean by Gen 2.
I could be a 12/0 with 10/0 side plates.
Life is Good!

alantani

gentlemen, welcome!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

MFB

G'day gentlemen

Regards

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

angle-iron

HI Alan,

I found one of your threads during a Google search and after reading it I knew I had to join your site!

I was born and raised Venice Beach, CA and have been fishing since I was in a stroller... back when the wheels were steel. That's dating myself.

Thanks for all the great info and a place for us fisherman to share tips, techniques and tackle.

–Angel

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Angel welcome to the "neighborhood"...

Shark Hunter

Welcome Angel! ;D
Come on in and sit a spell. :D
Life is Good!