Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackereljoe, coralsea, David Hall and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

thorhammer

Quote from: alantani on December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM
december 3rd, 2008 - i don't know how you found me, but welcome to the new board.  it was started just today.  the maintenance, tutorial, fishing and for sale sections will be "read only" until i get everything loaded in.  even after that, they will probably remain "read only" until i see how much work this is really going to be.  i've been wanting to start my own website for quite some time now.  i have so much "stuff" spread out all over the internet that it's become impossible to keep track of.  posts have wandered off to other boards, some have even been translated into foreign languages.  i never would have believed that this material would have ever gained such acceptance.  it has actually been quite humbling.  it has also been getting away from me. 

i will continue to post and field questions on all the other websites, but please check back here for updates and changes before you actually crack open a reel.  if there is an update on a fishing reel rebuild post, i want make sure you know before hand.  to all of you that have been supportive and encouraging, and even to those of you that have been harshly critical, you have my sincere gratitude.  i could not have come this far without you.  alan

Acceptance....yeah, that's one way to put it. We all thank you, my friend, and we also thank Joy for being a fishing widow and sharing you so we know what the heck we are doing.

Bill B

Bo welcome from the left coast.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

doofusbug

I have been a long time follower, but a recent member. I hate to admit it, but I am also a fan of Penn 700 series spinners, greenies, black and gold, it doesn't matter. I have tried to quit, but I'm not strong enough. Seriously, the members and topics are great, and I look forward to being a member of the community. And thanks to Alan, for guiding me through several Ambassadeur 5000 clean up and repairs. Mahalo!

foakes

Welcome aboard, DB --

Since you like the old stuff, like many of us -- I have a few of the tougher parts for the old spinners -- particularly the greenies -- if there is ever a need.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Bill B

Welcome DB, post some pictures of your spinners when you have the chance.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

droppedit

Hi Folks! My name is Dave Turner and have been a rod builder in the Northeast for well over 25 years. Your site has helped me many times over whether it was bearings for the Progears or magging my penns. I've start becoming more interested in the vintage rods / reels. Looking forward to seeing what you folks are doing and if possible I'd love to share anything I've picked up over the years.
Thanks,
Dave
Some days the supply of available curse words is insufficient to meet my demands.

http://www.turnerscustomrods.com

Shark Hunter

What is a Doofus bug? ;D
Welcome.
Life is Good!

foakes

Welcome aboard, DI --

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Bulldawg

Alto Mare

Ron C
Notremember
Jester
minson
aaronhansen
Bo101012
doofusbug
droppedit

Welcome gentlemen!

...can't look away for a minute ::) :)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tiddlerbasher

sdlehr

Welcome, gents! If you need anything just ask one of the moderators, we're here to help.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Gunrunner

Hello all glad to be here you guys have been a great help
In information on pen reels thanx to this site I have been able
Redo a 6/0 and a 9/0 both from the 1940s I believe because
They have no part numbers also I have put together a
9/0 I believe from the lat 70s early 80s with the help of this
Site thanx again for the wealth of information and thanx
Very much for letting me join

Scott

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tiddlerbasher