Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out, Steve V., Batomba, Benni3, Hardy Boy, nanz, hrgriz (+ 1 Hidden) and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Richmond

Too everyone thank you for the welcome

Not sure how to reply with the quote thingy

I made a real mess of things for the internet guys. I have wireless internet no cables, any way some how i did an update and tried to log in.
While doing this i shut down my connection because the password i was using was incorrect.Then i tried more stuff and made a big mess.

Who has time to go fishing with this bloody internet stuff.

Merry Xmas to all
Dinosaur

cdn3542

A must join after browsing through the interesting and informative forums.  I wish I found this site when my brother was attending dental school in San Francisco.  I couldn't believe the pictures of legal lings he caught from shore he sent me.  That would never happen up here in Los Angeles!  Thanks for all the hard work put into this site and I look forward to fishing with you guys one day.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tiddlerbasher

Hi and welcome from the UK

Gobi King

Quote from: cdn3542 on December 14, 2017, 04:44:02 AM
A must join after browsing through the interesting and informative forums.  I wish I found this site when my brother was attending dental school in San Francisco.  I couldn't believe the pictures of legal lings he caught from shore he sent me.  That would never happen up here in Los Angeles!  Thanks for all the hard work put into this site and I look forward to fishing with you guys one day.

Welcome from sunny 6F West Fichigan,
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

PaparockCal

Howdy Yall. I'm from all over the USA but I was born and raised in Arkansas. Graduated from Eastern New Mexico University, lived and fished 10 years in Wyoming and about equal time south of Houston just on the mainland from Galveston Island.

bhale1

Welcome,
Your gonna like it here Paparock!!!
Brett
Southern AZ

Navidad Nutcase

Hi Everyone and hope the turkey, ham or both didn't do to much damage to the wasteline.

I am definitely to old for this computor stuff. I can never figure out how to get to a place to start a new post.. I changed the subject on Alan's ''first post'' to get this (if it even works) and I hope I didn't break any rules. Now my question.....
Is the enclosed image a problem with my end of things ? or the person who posted the pictures. I get this all the time. Can't figure out why I can not view someone's posted pictures.

Well that didn't work. The image  I was trying to download is a picture that says I need to update my photobucket account. But When I go to PHOTBUCKET web page, my account is just fine. Any suggestions ?

Greg

Don't criticize our kids. We too were once "young n' dumb".... Fortunately - and sadly - neither condition is permanent.

gstours

Mr. Greg,   If you didn,t figgure it out,  ask us more questions.  There are many folks here that are willing and waiting to help you.   Thanks and good luck.   You may feel years younger soon.    I,m an old dog too! :)

ez2cdave

Quote from: Navidad Nutcase on December 26, 2017, 02:21:16 AM

Now my question.....

Is the enclosed image a problem with my end of things ? or the person who posted the pictures. I get this all the time. Can't figure out why I can not view someone's posted pictures.

Well that didn't work. The image  I was trying to download is a picture that says I need to update my photobucket account. But When I go to PHOTBUCKET web page, my account is just fine. Any suggestions ?

Greg

Greg,

This tell the whole story . . .

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=22059.0

Tight Lines !

Carl L

I am Carl from Porter, tx. I hope I am posting in the right place. This is nerve-wracking for me. (Been trying to post for several days now). If anyone needs automotive diagnostic help(32yrs experience) for free, I would gladly trade for info on how to participate in alan tani groups; as I peruse them often and enjoy restoring penn reels (and others). Would also enjoy participating in one of the california charters someday ! I hope this gets through.. Carl  

foakes

You are doing just fine, Carl --

Welcome!

Ask any questions you need answered,

Look through the categories and postings that interest you.

And wade right in.

Everyone here will be glad to get to know you, and we can help each other as needed.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Carl L

Thanks fred!! I appreciate you responding. I can't believe I can operate heavy equipment, semi-trucks, fly airplanes, restore cars,motorcycles, boats, rebuild ham radio eqipment, repair the most complicated vehicles on the road today, but still can't figure out how to post a selfie as my profile pic... (I guess I'm getting old) sometimes I have to laugh at myself... Carl

Benni3

Welcome from Salem Virginia  ;D

foakes

Hi Carl --

Just go to the top and click on the "profile" tab.

Be patient, sometimes these screens, unlike the rest of the site -- might take a minute to appear.

Click on modify profile.

Then click on layout preferences.

About the second or third item down, is a place to load your avatar or photo.  Just click on I have my own -- then the button to access your photo library.  Pick the photo you want, then follow the instructions.  Again, sometimes these mod screens take a minute to download and accept your information.

If you have any issues -- just let us know.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.