Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtwill98, Squidh90, Donnyboat, Steve V., Batomba, Benni3 (+ 1 Hidden) and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

gstours

Your doing fine, pal,  just keep trying.   I stilll remember the same symptoms.  I got lots of help here,   and people are nice,   and civil.   Theres lots of things you will be interested in,  and sharing in.   A personal message can be sent as well to only the person you elect.   Its easy.  Just click on the right most icon by the persons Avatar and a pm message page will appera and type your script, at the bottom click on send.   Viola.    If I can do it it,s gotta be easy.....   and  Welcome fro SE Alaska.

ez2cdave

Quote from: Carl Larsen on January 14, 2018, 12:17:17 AM
I am Carl from Porter, tx. I hope I am posting in the right place. This is nerve-wracking for me. (Been trying to post for several days now). If anyone needs automotive diagnostic help(32yrs experience) for free, I would gladly trade for info on how to participate in alan tani groups; as I peruse them often and enjoy restoring penn reels (and others). Would also enjoy participating in one of the california charters someday ! I hope this gets through.. Carl  

Carl,

Welcome to the Forum . . . Relax and enjoy . . . You are among friends here !

Tight Lines !

Dave

foakes

Carl --

I removed your personal email from the two posts.

If you need to communicate privately with any members -- just use our PM (private mail) feature.

Just click on the person's user name -- then there is an option to send them a private message.  This is generally safer then putting your email out there for the world to see.

The site gets around 3,000,000 hits a month, with no advertising -- and due to the nature of a world-wide network of anglers -- we are active in all 24 time zones -- 24/7.

There are trollers and spider program robots just looking for stray email addresses to wreak havoc.

Welcome once again!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

Quote from: Carl Larsen on January 14, 2018, 12:47:42 AM
I can't believe I can operate heavy equipment, semi-trucks, fly airplanes, restore cars,motorcycles, boats, rebuild ham radio eqipment, repair the most complicated vehicles on the road today, but still can't figure out how to post a selfie as my profile pic... (I guess I'm getting old) sometimes I have to laugh at myself... Carl

got it!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Gobi King

Quote from: Carl Larsen on January 14, 2018, 12:47:42 AM
Thanks fred!! I appreciate you responding. I can't believe I can operate heavy equipment, semi-trucks, fly airplanes, restore cars,motorcycles, boats, rebuild ham radio eqipment, repair the most complicated vehicles on the road today, but still can't figure out how to post a selfie as my profile pic... (I guess I'm getting old) sometimes I have to laugh at myself... Carl

Hi Carl,

Welcome from Fichigan!

That is the fun part, learning, hence we are here. I have a few advanced degrees in engineering but I will still have to ask my 14 & 7 year olds on how to work my iphone  :D.

Wow, we need to have an auto sub forum for ya buddy!

Tight lines
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

ez2cdave

Quote from: Carl Larsen on January 14, 2018, 12:47:42 AM(I guess I'm getting old) sometimes I have to laugh at myself... Carl

Carl,

Hey, no "cutting in line" ( about "getting old" - LOL ) . . .

Old guys like us are "valuable commodities" in today's world . . . We know how to "do stuff and make things", rather than relying on someone else to do it for us !

Welcome to the forum and, if you ever have a question, "fire away" . . . Someone here will have an answer !

Tight Lines !

Dave

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Decker

Quote from: Navidad Nutcase on December 26, 2017, 02:21:16 AM
Hi Everyone and hope the turkey, ham or both didn't do to much damage to the wasteline.

I am definitely to old for this computor stuff. I can never figure out how to get to a place to start a new post.. I changed the subject on Alan's ''first post'' to get this (if it even works) and I hope I didn't break any rules. Now my question.....
Is the enclosed image a problem with my end of things ? or the person who posted the pictures. I get this all the time. Can't figure out why I can not view someone's posted pictures.

Well that didn't work. The image  I was trying to download is a picture that says I need to update my photobucket account. But When I go to PHOTBUCKET web page, my account is just fine. Any suggestions ?

Greg

Hey, Greg, love your nickname ;D  Did you get that PhotoBucket thing figured out?  There is an extension for Chrome that goes around it.  Should be a link to the extension in the link that ez2cdave posted.  If not, let me know.  I'm the resident computer geek here.  The word "PhotoBucket" comes with gnashing of teeth on this site  :D

Navidad Nutcase

I did, thank you. My main problem is remembering what I did last time that worked !I don't get back here often enough to keep things in memory ( brain memory - not computer )
My handle comes from my Mexican fishing guides. People go to Barra to do everything from bike to hike. All I ever want to do is fish. From the first day I arrive until 2 days before I leave. If I could find someone to clean and stow my gear on that last day - I'd be on the water until the trip to the airport. Thus the ''nutcase''
Greg
Don't criticize our kids. We too were once "young n' dumb".... Fortunately - and sadly - neither condition is permanent.

Navidad Nutcase

Case in point - I posted a picture to my profile last month. I see it's not here so -- goofed again. I'll work on that tonight.
Greg
Don't criticize our kids. We too were once "young n' dumb".... Fortunately - and sadly - neither condition is permanent.

Navidad Nutcase

well I guess I better get some professional help here. Re: post a picture. On my profile page,  I hit the second choice in ''modify profile'' ( that would be 'forum profile information' ) then scrolled down to and checked the last circle '' I will upload my own picture'' I then clicked on ''choose file'', which opened the pictures folder on my computer. clicked the one I wanted, and the picture number shows up next to the ''choose file'' box (picture number 1 jpg) but know picture. I scrolled to bottom of page and hit ''change profile''. The screen gave a little flick like something happened but -- nothing happened. No picture on my profile page. I'm shutting ér down for the night.
Greg

Carl L

I had the same problem. I put my profile pic in a new post and alan fixed it. That or pm one of the moderators and they'll fix it for you. (Drove me nuts)... Carl

Decker

I can do that.  Just add the pic in this thread, then I'll put it in the profile, and delete it from here.  /Joe

Navidad Nutcase

o.k. here goes....assuming I can figure how to put it here.