alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial first post
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
May 21, 2018, 10:54:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 [127]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: first post  (Read 416326 times)
bpm2000

« Reply #1890 on: May 11, 2018, 02:33:57 PM »

Hello from Edmonds, WA! 

Was mostly a freshwater bass guy for years and years, sending my reels off for work once a year with no problems.  Recently started kayak fishing in the salt and my gear is taking a beating!  Getting paid service for my reels now will likely cost too much money and take too much time so decided to start down the path of learning how to service my own. 

Mostly fishing Daiwa but recently had a great deal on a Abu Toro S61 that I couldn't pass up and thought that there must be something I can do before fishing this new reel to "prep" it for saltwater abuse.  Was directed here on a question about preventative maintenance on a new reel via NWKayakAnglers.com - this looks to be one of the premier reel discussion sites!

I'll be doing some deep reading for a bit but newb questions sure to be coming soon on the topic of "preventative maintenance" (that seems to be the term tossed around here for this?).  If anyone has any articles or posts that spell it out and holds your hand would love to see those...

ReelFishingProblems

Nick - Valrico, FL

« Reply #1891 on: May 11, 2018, 03:03:10 PM »

Hello from Edmonds, WA! 

Was mostly a freshwater bass guy for years and years, sending my reels off for work once a year with no problems.  Recently started kayak fishing in the salt and my gear is taking a beating!  Getting paid service for my reels now will likely cost too much money and take too much time so decided to start down the path of learning how to service my own. 

Mostly fishing Daiwa but recently had a great deal on a Abu Toro S61 that I couldn't pass up and thought that there must be something I can do before fishing this new reel to "prep" it for saltwater abuse.  Was directed here on a question about preventative maintenance on a new reel via NWKayakAnglers.com - this looks to be one of the premier reel discussion sites!

I'll be doing some deep reading for a bit but newb questions sure to be coming soon on the topic of "preventative maintenance" (that seems to be the term tossed around here for this?).  If anyone has any articles or posts that spell it out and holds your hand would love to see those...

foakes

Sierra National Forest

« Reply #1892 on: May 11, 2018, 05:22:14 PM »

Welcome aboard bpm2000!

Best,

Fred

Why does someone believe you when you say there are ten billion stars in our galaxy -- but check when you say the paint is wet?

You don't need a parachute to skydive -- You just need one to skydive twice.

"At the Office"
David Hall
Firearms Group

« Reply #1893 on: May 11, 2018, 05:42:31 PM »

Welcome. I too was once a Seattleite,  Bellingham, Blaine and Ferndale used to be home.
happyhooker

« Reply #1894 on: May 11, 2018, 05:43:36 PM »

Welcome, bpm2000, from Minnesota.

Frank
Gfish
Gfish

What? Me worry?

« Reply #1895 on: May 11, 2018, 07:32:00 PM »

Aloha, from Hawaii, Bpm. Get yourself some paint brushes and some saltwater resistant(marine)grease to start with!
Check out the reel rebuild tutorials sub-forum for Diawa & Abu offa the home page.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 07:37:56 PM by Gfish » Logged

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!
Crow

Dauphin Island Sunset

« Reply #1896 on: May 13, 2018, 06:08:12 AM »

Welcome aboard !!

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !
alantani
admin
Administrator

« Reply #1897 on: May 13, 2018, 07:34:12 AM »

welcome!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!
Keta
D'oh!

Klamath Falls, OR US

« Reply #1898 on: May 13, 2018, 08:22:18 AM »

Hi.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain
bpm2000

« Reply #1899 on: May 14, 2018, 10:11:46 AM »

Aloha, from Hawaii, Bpm. Get yourself some paint brushes and some saltwater resistant(marine)grease to start with!
Check out the reel rebuild tutorials sub-forum for Diawa & Abu offa the home page.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!  Gfish I have some yamalube on the way but good call on the paintbrushes.
Alto Mare

Southeastern Pennsylvania

« Reply #1900 on: May 14, 2018, 12:57:15 PM »

Welcome bpm!

Sal from PA.

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.
Gfish
Gfish

What? Me worry?

« Reply #1901 on: May 15, 2018, 01:28:22 PM »

Thanks for the welcome everyone!  Gfish I have some yamalube on the way but good call on the paintbrushes.
You probably know, artist size, cut down so they'er stiffer.

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!
bhale1
Photo Group

« Reply #1902 on: May 15, 2018, 07:51:18 PM »

bpm2000,
Welcome.... enjoy your stay, lots of good info to be had here....
get some good graese, save your old toothbrushes, and dive in.  Many will help if you get in a jam.
I actually prefer the cheap little "flux" brushes for soldering copper pipe,... cut them down 1/2 way, and grease away Grin
Brett..from AZ
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 [127]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: