Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seruga, Jerseymic, Squiggy, eguinn, PacRat, redfish12, hrgriz, MACflyer, Brendan and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

Welcome aboard Defender. ;)
Life is Good!

Decker

Quote from: Defender on May 22, 2018, 04:42:43 AM
My collection includes several bags of reels.  What do I mean by that?  Well, I went through a phase of stripping some of my reels completely down to clean 'em up.  Those reels are nice and clean, and lonely, as they've been sitting in their bags waiting to be reassembled.  After some frustrating and unproductive sessions of trying to put them back together myself, I've just kept them in their bags.  I'm hoping to meet some folks on here who might be willing to do some reassembling for me, in exchange for a reel or reels of their choice from my bag collection.  When my reels are all back together, I will feel more comfortable about working on them myself.  I'd like to try some of the hot rodding reel upgrades that I've read about here.

Defender, good to meet you.   I'm in Eastern Pennsylvania.  I like those Squidders and Surfmasters too.

There are plenty of very knowledgeable guys here, so you shouldn't have a problem.   Find a forum that seems appropriate, start a thread, and post some pictures of what you have.  Good luck to you, and welcome!   

swill88

Welcome defender from californie.  we're a lot of like 'cept my take-a-parts are in boxes not bags.

steve

foakes

Welcome aboard, Bob!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Gobi King

Hello Everyone!  I'm Defender, coming to you live from beautiful Hastings, Nebraska.  What, you don't know where Hastings is? 

Defender, Welcome to the crazy world of reel-holics ;-), from another cornhusker, ex-Lincolnite.

Little trivia about NE fishing, trolling with lead core was pioneered in NE and now is the most popular method of catching those cow walleyes.

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

ez2cdave

Hello Everyone!  I'm Defender, coming to you live from beautiful Hastings, Nebraska. 

I particularly like Squidders and Beachmasters and Surfmasters.  Actually, I haven't seen an older Penn I didn't like.  

When my reels are all back together, I will feel more comfortable about working on them myself.  I'd like to try some of the hot rodding reel upgrades that I've read about here.

In any event, hello to you all.  I'm happy to be here, and looking forward to getting involved.

Welcome, Defender,

You have definitely come to the right place and you are among friends here !

The excellent tutorials and expert advice will get all of your reels back together . . .

Tight Lines !

Dave

kristo

Hi All,
I live in Vancouver and fish the area mostly salmon on downriggers.
Lived in Ontario, the Arctic and West Coast.
Use  primarily Shimano mooching reels on Convergence rods and Abu 6500-c3 on a steelhead rod for river fishing.
I rarely post but read lots on other boating and fishing forums.
Looks to be lots of good reading here.
Tight lines.............

alantani

welcome!  ben and i will be flying into vancouver at the end of july to fish port hardy for a few days!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Crow

Welcome aboard !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Mickeycee

Hi I need two aluminum spools for my Zebco Cardinal 3 reels can anyone help?

Midway Tommy

Quote from: Mickeycee on June 24, 2018, 08:44:59 PM
Hi I need two aluminum spools for my Zebco Cardinal 3 reels can anyone help?

Cardinal Parts or Skylark31 (Les Shaw) on eBay. They'll be around $35 plus shipping. Well worth the $. 
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Benni3

Welcome from Salem Virginia  ;D

happyhooker

Welcome, mickeycee and kristo, from Minnesota.

Frank