Now that you caughtem??

Started by gstours, December 14, 2016, 04:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

I am in no way saying anything other than here is how I have found to deal with a nice keeper if you dont need it on deck yet.

The sst rod threader is my secret to getting the line secured.   I could make them for you if interested in a custom length.   A pm if your interested.  about $3o.oo  or best offer?

broschro

Nice fish! That would turn in to shark food pretty quick in my parts  ;D

Dominick

Gary that is your best video yet.  Good job on the harpooning.  I also like the fact that you are organized and able to reach exactly what you need.  Also bleeding the fish was right on.  When are you going to take me out.   ::) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

David Hall

Excellent instructional video Gary, if you could just line me up with some nice halibut like that one I'd give this a try!

Keta

The only thing I do different is I do not tie my line to the boat.  I use a Polyform A-2 bouy ball.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

gstours

Thanks, Yes thats the best way to deal with the larger ones,  for sure.  Throw the bouy over the side with a harpooned fish and watch everything disappear for a while.  Ive never lost one that way yet, but they can sure thrash the water violently when they are tethered off like a calf in the barn....... ???
   Ive also found several bouys in weed beds, and free floating with a harpoon head, rope and a bouy with no fish??????    You got to wonder what happened?    The bouy idea is very soft and the fish just eventually floats up even if she breaks you off!!!!
   But my rope installer tool is working good too!!! :-*

Alto Mare

Quote from: gstours on December 15, 2016, 01:05:41 AM
Thanks, Yes thats the best way to deal with the larger ones,  for sure.  Throw the bouy over the side with a harpooned fish and watch everything disappear for a while.  Ive never lost one that way yet, but they can sure thrash the water violently when they are tethered off like a calf in the barn....... ???
   Ive also found several bouys in weed beds, and free floating with a harpoon head, rope and a bouy with no fish??????    You got to wonder what happened?    The bouy idea is very soft and the fish just eventually floats up even if she breaks you off!!!!
   But my rope installer tool is working good too!!! :-*
Gary, looks like you did that before, you move like a surgeon with lots of precision.

Me and Dominick need to come up so we could learn from the best. ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bill B

Great information brother G......
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

steelfish

so? no big sharks on those cold waters?

Cortez Sea is a natural reservoir of many species of shark so, thats not going to work over here for more than two minutes

The Baja Guy

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 15, 2016, 01:17:17 AM

Hey Sal since you want to go let's set a date.  I'll go to GS Tours.com and book the date.  We'll ask the tour director to make sure we get captain Gary.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Rivverrat

Quote from: Dominick on December 14, 2016, 07:21:41 PM
Gary that is your best video yet.  
I second that. I also like that boat....Jeff

David Hall

Quote from: Dominick on December 15, 2016, 03:43:06 AM
Quote from: Alto Mare on December 15, 2016, 01:17:17 AM

Hey Sal since you want to go let's set a date.  I'll go to GS Tours.com and book the date.  We'll ask the tour director to make sure we get captain Gary.  Dominick

IF were making this an old Italian guys trip I'll buy the gas, I'm not Italian but I'm married to a Sicilian for 43 years that should count for something?