Knot tightening Dowels

Started by Bryan Young, December 18, 2016, 12:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

First batch of dowels done for the SOA trip. I mis-calculated so doing them in 2 batches.   Some extra money for my son for helping me out by sanding and stuffing dowels in pvc tubes.  :). Best part is quality time with son too.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

David Hall

Nice. I'll be needing a pair of them.

Dominick

Good man Bryan.  You have a nice kid there.  He is bright and he was driving me crazy with all his questions.  His mind is going a mile a minute.  That's the way they learn.  Keep up the quality time.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keta

Quote from: Dominick on December 18, 2016, 06:08:30 AM
Good man Bryan.  You have a nice kid there.  He is bright and he was driving me crazy with all his questions.  His mind is going a mile a minute.  That's the way they learn.  Keep up the quality time.  Dominick

All of his questions are well thought out, we missed having him here when they left.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

A sign of being extremely smart, just like his Daddy, but it might actually be from his Mommy, I haven't met Mrs Young  :-\  :)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Bryan's family are all smart, his daughter is quiet but always has her eyes open.  We had a good time when they came up this summer.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

i use these all the time,  they are the perfect size and they work great. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

All done with my son's help.  My wallet is a little lighter.  I think I paid him more that all the material costs.  I guess it's true...labor is expensive.

There will be 30 pairs on board, one for each person with a few extra for the crew.  They are not as nice as Mark Mayo's dowels that fit on his tackle boxes but they are functional and will float if you drop them in the bait well.  :o :D

Next, getting my reels lined, jigs and plugs prepped with single hooks, and the rods...  I have no rods...okay I have one, maybe two... rods for 6 reels.  I guess I'd better start making some rods.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

Quote from: David Hall on December 18, 2016, 06:03:28 AM
Nice. I'll be needing a pair of them.
Dave, I have a pair for you the next time I see you.