Caution:Shield your eyes before viewing

Started by Maxed Out, December 30, 2016, 03:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Wallace, they're tilted at an angle. Those are at the same hight as stock.

All look amazing Ted, you did good with your idea.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

STRIPER LOU

Ted, really nice stuff. The shift arms are awesome! They're all great but the blue is a real knockout! But then again should we expect any less from you!

Please keep that constructive mind going and also tell your machinist Chris, first rate work!
.................Lou

mo65

Ted...you da man! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Maxed Out

Thank you all for the kind words.

Back at it again today. ....Stay tuned, I have just begun to have fun with mix and match ;D ;D
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

David Hall

foakes

TED is a nonpartisan nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks. TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 110 languages.

We have our own TED Talks going on here --

You just keep getting better and more clever, Ted...

Thanks for doing these, and showing us.

Best Always,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Maxed Out

Fred, you made me spew coffee ;D ;D upon reading your observations. I have many miles to go to even come close to the level of nirvana that you and others here have attained. I'm just proud to be a tiny part of the Ohana.

One more narrow cortez 4/0....more to come

steelhead_killer

I'm squinting with only one eye open and it is still burning...Love the color combo's!  That Blue is the bomb!  Not to take anything away from any of the other reels you posted.  They are all beautiful!

Good work!

Andy
><)))">

Maxed Out

Andy, I'm just getting warmed up.... :D :D

Maxed Out

....Same reel with standard width bars and stock 113 seat. This kit belongs to Broadway, but I couldn't resist the photo op.  ;) ;)

Tightlines667

Love it.

Thise parts look great.  Anodizing appears flawless.

I love the new shift lever arm style.  

Did you ever figure out the clearance issue on the aftermarket SS bent handle arms?
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

STRIPER LOU

Looks like the color match is perfect too Ted!

............Lou

Maxed Out

Color match is close enough for me Lou. The plater I found this time is much more professional. They even delivered to my door from 215 miles away. How's that for service with a smile :D

John, the next batch will be 1/8" lower profile, keeping same design. Those will be ready by end of January

wallacewt

hi maxed out
im sure there are a lot of tanites that
would like to know the cost of building one of these
would you mind
thank you

Maxed Out

Quote from: wallacewt on December 30, 2016, 11:46:07 PM
hi maxed out
im sure there are a lot of tanites that
would like to know the cost of building one of these
would you mind
thank you

Hi Wallace, the narrow kit includes clamp/hardware, bars, seat/tongue, and one narrow width stainless post. (Matching lever is extra)

The narrow kit is $110 my cost, and that is what I'll sell them to the Ohana for, +$7 shipping. Shift levers are $18 each and that includes nylon washer and O-rings(2)

-Ted