TSI 321! Hard to find in Canada!

Started by chockpish, January 02, 2017, 05:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chockpish

I would like to say that information on this site is mind blowingly incredible! I've learned so much in the past few days, and I would like to say thank you to all for sharing your knowledge! I live on the east coast of Canada! I fish just about exclusively for Striped Bass in the Northumberland Straight, which flows into the Gulf of Saint-Laurence! I do all maintenance on my fishing tackle, which passes time during the long winters! I have been reading about TSI 321! I could not locate a dealer in Canada! I was wondering if any of you would know of an other product that would be available in Canada, that would do the same as TSI 321? I have found a dealer for CorotionX in Quebec, and I can get Cal's of Ebay, and for the Yamaha grease, I will go the the nearest Yamaha dealer! I know that CorotionX is a close second, but I would really like to get some TSI 321, but I'm not sure if it can get shipped across the border, because it's a liquid, and with added shipping, duty fees, exchange etc... and my wife would have something to say! So is the CorotionX the way to go, or is the TSI 321 worth it?

Thank you in advance for your time!
Tight lines!

Mike M.
Tight lines, be safe, fish hsard!

steelhead_killer

Dawn at Smmothdrags.com sells it online.  I THINK you can ship it to Canada???

Andy
><)))">

Bryan Young

Dawn at SmoothDrag can send it to you. She ships worldwide.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

chockpish

Thank you for your quick reply! I will definitely give her a look! At the same time, I will see about getting some cf drag materials! Which thickness of cf would be the best to get? I use low profile baitcasting reels, in the 300 size! Okuma, Abu's! Once again thank you for your quick response!
Tight lines, be safe, fish hsard!

Strewth

Dawn at Smoothdrag shipped a carton of 12 bottles of TSI 321 to Australia for a very reasonable price. The manufacturer will also ship internationally but their handling and shipping fees are a killer. TSI works well on roller clutch bearings, pinion bearings, worm gears and all non-spool bearings as well as spool bearings. I have also used it to coat my new gear sets and clutch mechanisms before using grease to stop corrosion in my saltwater baicasters.

Bryan Young

Quote from: chockpish on January 02, 2017, 06:57:16 PM
Thank you for your quick reply! I will definitely give her a look! At the same time, I will see about getting some cf drag materials! Which thickness of cf would be the best to get? I use low profile baitcasting reels, in the 300 size! Okuma, Abu's! Once again thank you for your quick response!
It's hard to say what thickness and many reels use a combination of thicknesses. Many may already have carbon fiber drags though.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

handi2

Quote from: Strewth on January 02, 2017, 09:21:18 PM
Dawn at Smoothdrag shipped a carton of 12 bottles of TSI 321 to Australia for a very reasonable price. The manufacturer will also ship internationally but their handling and shipping fees are a killer. TSI works well on roller clutch bearings, pinion bearings, worm gears and all non-spool bearings as well as spool bearings. I have also used it to coat my new gear sets and clutch mechanisms before using grease to stop corrosion in my saltwater baicasters.

I used to buy it direct from the manufacturer. Last time I made an order for 4 bottles the shipping was $35.00..!! I did not buy from them...
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

spc7669

I have nothing but good things to say about Dawn. Hit her up and she'll take care of you.

Cor

I can't obtain TSI 321 in south Africa either and its simply too expensive to ship from Smoothdrag to here.   I only buy small articles from Dawn, like bearings or drag washers.

Corrosion X and Reel X I can get here and am quite happy using that in stead, of course not having tried TSI 321 I would not be any the wiser. :D
Cornelis

Lalo13

Hello and welcome . You can get most of the fore mentioned items without cross border shopping TSI is available at Aikmans in Missisagua Ont . The blue grease is actually available at CTC in the automotive section , just ask for the synthetic snowmobile stuff , Aikmans also sells reel parts and bearings as well , and yes he does carry smooth drag , Nothing but the best of the best advise here . these guys are the Titans of knowledge when it comes to all things fishing . Hope this helps . ;D

Donnyboat

Hi Cor of cape town & anyone else, most of the pro reel repairers in Western Australia are using, Inox lanox MX4, for reels including bearings & carbon fibre washers, I by mine from Bunnings hardware stores, 300 grams net, $au 12.00, some of the auto stores have it to, they charge $au 18.00 for the same size container, bunnings are now opening stores in England, that could be less freight, to capetown, I also thicken it sometimes with Lanolin grease, the pressure pack on straight Lanolin is only good for a thick sealer on such things as motor coils, to protect them from the salt. cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

alantani

i've used corrosion x for years, still do, and it's great stuff.  on a scale of 1 to 10, i'd rate a 7 or 8.  reels spin great and it lasts for 6 months at least, an entire season!  i use the corrosion x aerosol and as all purpose spray for rods, wire cutters and pliers, scales and the outsides of reels after i've rinsed them off. 

now, the TSI is literally the best stuff on earth.  i'd give it a 10 out of 10.  i had reels that i'd loan out and the bearings were rough, but the spools spun great  after 5 years.  you just can't beat that level of performance.  the thinner tsi 301 is optimum for spool bearings.  i've also used it for levelwind parts in ambassadeur reels.  you clean the levelwind assembly with carb cleaner, then dip it in TSI 301 and watch it spin!!!!

TSI 321 has replaced reel x and corrosion x as my all purpose oil.  i was concerned about using it on anti-reverse bearings for fear that it might be too slick, but found that it worked just fine.  so for anyplace that needs a light oil, you can use TSI 321.  and honestly, that includes spool bearings.

for grease, it's still cal's grease for drag washers only, and yamaha marine for everything else.  honestly, you can use any grease you want, inox, omc, penn, anything!  it's more important that you just use something.  there should not be a single dry spot in the reel, anywhere!  that's sort of where i'm at now! 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

CapeFish

Quote from: Cor on January 08, 2017, 06:33:40 PM
I can't obtain TSI 321 in south Africa either and its simply too expensive to ship from Smoothdrag to here.   I only buy small articles from Dawn, like bearings or drag washers.

Corrosion X and Reel X I can get here and am quite happy using that in stead, of course not having tried TSI 321 I would not be any the wiser. :D

Cor, where do you get Reel X, I am almost out, Suburban Spares used to sell it but seems no more. Is there still a Corrosion X agent in the country? It's also all I use with Omega 95 salt water proof grease, have yet to find any corrosion on any of my reels. Some are starting to look ugly, but they are not corroded!

Thanks,

Leon

Cor

Yes there is an agent, think they get it in large containers and repack it in aerosols locally.
Mercancias SA trading as CorrosionX
Check your PM for e mail address.

Ah here :- http://www.mercancias.co.za/
Cornelis