Help - Metaloid 5N foot

Started by boon, January 04, 2017, 02:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

got this from okuma.....

Hello Alan,

Okay from what I found out is that we only manufacture one foot for that reel period , not a narrow one and a wide one. So the best thing to do would be to buy a spare foot and file the spare foot down till its narrow enough to fit the reel seat that way the original foot isn't damage incase something goes wrong. And if it does fit the reel seat after the spare foot has been filed down then just install it onto the reel after. That's about the only thing that would work in this situation.

KEVIN CHRISTIAN
      OKUMA FISHING TACKLE
      CUSTMER SERVICE
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

boon

Alas!

Oh well. Better get the ol' file out :)

I really appreciate the assistance too, thanks so much Alan.

alantani

SoCalAngler

Or maybe the same rod model if it comes in what we call here on the left coast a deckhand style rod without a reel seat?

Something like these

No filing of a fine reel seat and fully adjustable reel mounting.

boon

I gave the foot a bit of a tickle and the seat a corresponding adjustment and now it fits nicely.
Fished it at the weekend, it's a lovely combo :)

boon

Ok, so the plot thickens.

I popped into my local tackle store yesterday and they had a Metaloid 5Ns on a rod with a very small seat.
I pulled the reel off and lo and behold, it had a low profile foot on it.

This one was marked "4145-080" as opposed to mine which says "4007-084" - I don't know if this is a serial number (seems like an odd place for it) or reference to the part.

The shop also confirmed they received a shipment of the reels with the wide foot, which they returned to the importer as they didn't fit on a lot of rods.
The importer is bringing in a bunch of the narrow feet, but they are 2-3 months away and will cost me ~$45

My filed reel foot is OK for the time being but I would really like to replace it with the proper low-profile foot.

wallacewt

hi boon
try dealing direct with importer.
wholesale? free?
dont know unless you have a throw at the stumps
cheers mate

alantani

If you can find a part number,  I can try again!

boon

I finally got to the bottom of this.

The schematic/part number for this part has not changed, it is still 11020092.
On the schematic it still looks like the wide foot.

Now that I have both in front of me, the old foot is marked "4007-084" and the new slim foot is marked "4224-027". So they are definitely different :)

If anyone else comes up against this issue, make sure you ask for the one with the second part marking, even though this isn't referred to anywhere in the schematics or anything.

Unless this is the reel's serial number? Who knows.