Studio Oceanmark No Limits 16000 drag

Started by reelgood, April 13, 2011, 11:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reelgood

Got this spool for my Twinpower SW 12000, also fits the Stella 8000 and 10000 SW models.  The drag is carbon fiber but came dry so I have greased it with Cal's, there are so many discs I had to take a photo to make sure I didn't get them out of order.  This design maximizes the available surfaces through the use of keyed and eared washers.  

You can see the gold heat sink underneath and the clicker mechanism is inside it.  I couldn't figure out how to remove the heat shield, the old design was held by 3 screws but this one I have no idea.  Maybe there's an additional drag element in there too.  This spool is rated to 44 # drag and 325-350 yds of JB 60 hollow.

There's a bearing at the bottom of the drag stack and another inside the aluminum wheel with holes in it, which I assume is another heat shedding part of the design.

Bryan Young

Wow, that's an impressive spool.  Hmm, do I want to upgrade my Twin Drag?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Roger

Very nice and very expensive. At this point in time I'll just have to stick with my Saragosas.....
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

reelgood

Yes expensive, but if I chose to sell my TPSW12000 stock spool it would fetch 80% of what this spool costs.  This is a specialty accessory for a specialty item, it is actually priced reasonably relative to its category imho and the compatibility with the Stella SW8000/10000 will guarantee resale value at 80% or more if you don't smack it around too bad.

Bryan - which Twin Drag?