New style shift lever

Started by Maxed Out, January 05, 2017, 01:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Quote from: MarkT on January 07, 2017, 09:39:32 PM
Looks, feels and works great on my Pro Gear 545!

Wow :o, that's one sweet reel Mark. Thanks for sharing.

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

spc7669

I'll be needing two green ones. You have outdone yourself on these!
Patrick

broschro

:o are these just for the 113h? I would like one in silver and two in red when ready.

Maxed Out

I am temporarily out of stock. The first batch of 100 went on mostly word of mouth.

I do have another larger batch coming and will be ready for sale by end of January(about 3 weeks)

These levers fit several Penns, including jigmaster, and all small senators up to 4/0.

If your request is posted on this thread, rest assured you'll get a PM from me as soon as the next batch is in my hands.

Thanks -Ted

BigRed4/0

I would like to by a red one for a Penn 4/0 when available again

swill88

Quote from: Maxed Out on January 05, 2017, 01:50:47 AM
This project was such a no brainer it is beyond silly. We are still using a shift lever designed in the 1930's by Otto Henze, the founder of Penn reels. Fast forward 85 years and it's time for something new....

....the all new "tank top" shift levers are 100% CNC machined from a solid piece of 6061 aluminum. The first version is a bit too proud and will not work with offset handle arms.

A 2nd batch will be ready within 2-3 weeks that will not stick out as far and will allow for offset arms.

First batch of 100 went like wildfire on simply word of mouth. The few I have remaining will be held off for those who buy a kit. Fear not, more are on the way very soon in all colors of the Tom H rainbow.  :D

Also been tinkering with colored O-rings, and all future shift levers will come with a set of black and colored O-rings. These shifters will be offered at $18 each, and there will be a small discount on orders of 3 or more. I've sent some out to the Ohana for feedback and I'm sure we will soon hear from them.

Happy New Year Ted,

I'll take 5. One of each color.

Thanks, Steve

STRIPER LOU

Ted, they're perfect! Please count me in for at least a half dozen on the new style. The fit and look is excellent! Great work.
................Lou

Yogi_fish808

Quote from: BigRed4/0 on January 08, 2017, 09:36:31 PM
I would like to by a red one for a Penn 4/0 when available again

I recognize that reel and the carnage ulua rod Matt! The koa Brock Fee knob probably is a good idea if you're using it in cold weather. There's a few other SS and aluminum upgrades on this site u could throw money at if you wanted to, besides Ted's new shift levers.

Bryan Young

But where was the picture taken Kyle?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Tightlines667

Ted,
Put me down for:
-2 Black
-2 Silver

-1 Gold

Ted,
I changed my order.
John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Cortez_Conversions

You can put me down for two of each color Ted, just make sure everyone else gets thiers first.
Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Yogi_fish808

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 09, 2017, 05:03:47 AM

Haha I forget where he moved. But I'm guessing its somewhere that has sturgeon in a river?

Maxed Out

Quote from: Yogi_fish808 on January 09, 2017, 05:28:49 AM

Haha I forget where he moved. But I'm guessing its somewhere that has sturgeon in a river?

Looks like the Columbia river in eastern Washington. That also looks like a dam in the background. Just a guess

BigRed4/0

Quote from: Yogi_fish808 on January 09, 2017, 05:28:49 AM

I moved to Idaho lol. Yeah I love the knob. Yeah I'll probably end up buying a jig as well and upgrading it. But yeah I still need more parts on the 4/0! Lol. I can't believe I never got on this forum lol. Yeah I'll be looking for SS internals soon. And if can upgraded clicker

Maxed Out

Just met with my machinist this morning, and next batch of new levers will be going to the plater on Monday. Should be ready to fill orders before end of this month.

Please post your requests in this thread and you'll get notification as soon as they're ready to go

Same 5 colors ....PLUS NEW ADDED COLOR OPTION.....GOLD !!

Yep, colors will be Silver, Red, Black, Green, Ice Blue, and Gold