California Nevada River Forecast Center

Started by Bill B, January 06, 2017, 06:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

Below is a link to the California Nevada River Forecast Center, published by NOAA.  I find this very useful for me, to track projected river levels as my trailer parked on the Sacramento River is subject to flooding during high rain and snow run off....Bill

http://www.cnrfc.noaa.gov/
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Todd Jacobsen

Thanks for posting Bill. I live a mile off the Mokelumne River so want to keep a close eye as well

steelhead_killer

My sister's farm is where the Eel river enters the pacific ocean. The Fernbridge gauge is showing flood warning...break out the waders, again!
><)))">

Keta

I lived in the Folsom, CA area when the '64 flood hit, I hope this is not a repete.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bill B

Current forecast shows I may be under about 12" water.....gonna have to move the Redneck Condo if it gets that high......Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

RiverAngler

Yeah, Brother Bill. We will be watching the river closely the next few days as well.
Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

johndtuttle

God Speed to all out Delta Brothers.

Keep us posted!  :)

Keta

What is the level of Folsom Lake?  It sounds like a bunch of snow is going to melt.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

RiverAngler

Don't know yet. I know they let water out this fall in prep for the rainy season.
Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

johndtuttle

Quote from: Keta on January 07, 2017, 10:23:40 PM
What is the level of Folsom Lake?  It sounds like a bunch of snow is going to melt.

Folsom is the last tiny link in the chain really. It can't stop anything close to what these storms can put out. Currently they are scheduled to release 30,000 CFS continuously starting today and the big rain is beginning tonight and tomorrow.

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryRES?NAT

foakes

This storm event is scheduled to last from last night -- through at least some rain and snow each day, through the next 7 days -- then the graph forecast stops on Dark Skies & NOAA.

We have a reservoir below us about 30 miles called Millerton Lake, on the San Joaquin River.

The Dam is called Friant -- and they started releasing water down river a couple of days ago in anticipation of this storm.

http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/article124686554.html

At our elevation of 4400' in the Central Sierras -- we have received 2.75" since 4:30 this morning.

There is 100% chance of precipitation through Monday PM -- at this pace -- then more rain and possibly snow all week.

Yosemite was also closed and evacuated.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Keta

We are on the northern edge of this storm.  It went from-10° and hard snow this morning to 37° high wind and rain right now.  The roads are covered with 8" of packed, I will not be driving for a few days.  

Mark Twain

RiverAngler

I just watched the weather report. We are expected to get 10" in the next 24hrs! They are evacuating people in some parts of Yuba City, which means it's gonna come right down the Sac. River to you and me, Bill. Keep your eyes and ears open tonite.

Todd Jacobsen

River here is a couple feet and dam is still releasing. Alot of people out watching. Went to the Delta this am very high there to

Gfish

How come it all's gotta come at once? Seems like its been doin that since the late 70's and got worse in the 80's when I lived in Nor-cal. Worked at a steelhead/salmon hatchery, and in Feb. '85, after one a those type a storms, got to shovel tons a mud outta the raceways and we lost thousands a eggs(hint: use spring water, piped from underground, never creek/river sources). Not to mention giant destructive fires in the summer/fall. Don't seem like I remember that kinda stuff from when I's a kid in the Bay Area. Mabey one upside: plenty a water for the steelhead/coho runs this winter.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!