California Nevada River Forecast Center

Started by Bill B, January 06, 2017, 06:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

We haven't heard from Bill -- I hope he got his trailer pulled up and away from the river.

Just saw a report saying that this is the biggest storm to hit California and Oregon in 10 years.

Could be larger than the one in '96.

Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort on the Eastern side of the Sierras could get 20' of snow by the time this multiple system or storms rolls through all of next week.

Everyone please be careful -- and don't travel unless you need to.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Reel 224

Although I live in NJ I'm also concerned about those that are experiencing the dangerous weather conditions on the west coast. Please heed those weather conditions. I hope all will be safe. 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Keta

We are on the northern edge of this front and it is not nearly as bad as the predicted hit California is getting but I can not drive on the road, packed snow with standing water on it, and lots of water in the fields and on the roads.  I will be worrying about our centeral CA family and am having flashbacks of the '64 flood.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

RiverAngler

Hasn't really come down heavy yet, but constantly. I just looked at the radar map, and it's coming. 

Bill. You ok, Man?
Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

Gfish

Bill, hope yer high n' dry and ok, and can get back to us soon.

Great site from NOAA, good to see my tax $ at work.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Alto Mare

I'm hoping everyone will do just fine with this.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

foakes

Just saw this from Bill this morning -- on another part of our site -- All Good...

Best,

Fred

Re: Burrrrrrr!
« Reply #33 on: Today at 09:40:04 AM »

Sacramento River update.  It is supposed to crest at 30' by Thursday.  We have been given the notice here at the RV park to move to higher ground.  River has already flooded the lower camp ground and 6' until the upper starts taking water over the berm.   Already moved myself and three others......Bill
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Bill B

Bill checking in.....We were "advised" yesterday to move to higher ground......our lower camp ground flooded last night and is under 3' water right now.  We moved 5 trailers to higher ground here in the camp ground and had to hire a tow service for three 5th wheel trailer, why someone would buy a 5th wheel trailer with no truck to pull it is beyond me.....river at I st bridge is 25' and we are expected to peak at 30',  I am currently about 6' above the current river level....gonna be close.  What worries me is I have to go to southern Cal this week, so I have someone here that will be watching for me and pull my trailer higher if needed.

As of two days ago Folsom Lake was at 43% of capacity and they were dumping a lot of water and Nimbus Dam was dumping also.   I will post a few pictures of our park in a little while.
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

RiverAngler

Bill, I figured you all were busy getting to higher ground. The river gets high very quickly in your area, what with the constant rain, and water releases. Glad you're OK. Many people here who live on River Road (80 ft above sea level) had to sandbag late last night. I was out till midnight helping fill sandbags at city hall. So far, no real flooding but the water is coming down the river along with the rain. Just a matter if time before river front properties are flooding.
Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

Todd Jacobsen

Bill- I'm here in Woodbridge if you need anything holler. We are prepping here as well but so far ok. Reminds me of the 86 flood. That was the bad one for me.

alantani

it's coming down pretty hard right now, most of it moving sideways with the winds.  going to hunker down in my garage, get some bills done, go through the mail and catch up on some computer work.  joy was looking around the kitchen for things for me to do, so i'm staying in the garage as long as i can.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bill B

This is the Sherwood Harbor Marina and RV Park, it normally sits 20' above the river, it will be floating on it's pontoons before we are done.

This is looking down river from the store deck....there is usually 8' of river from the dock to the river bank, my redneck condo was located to the right of the tree....looks like about 5' until we over flow.....

Again looking down river, showing both the inner and outer docks, those pilings are normally 35', at the top, above the river, looking like about 10' now

Looking up river now. The barge you see has grounded in really dry years, and normally 3' between the dock and river bank.....At the top of the picture you can just see where the river has over flowed the berm and flooded the lower camp ground

Todd thank you for the offer, I might need a place to store the trailer before this is all over....

Lower camp ground under 4' of water, but the geese love it, lots of good stuff to eat floating up now, I do not think we will be using that area anytime soon.....

Todd Jacobsen

Bill- Will check here constantly for you if you need anything. Headed out to check around our area.

RiverAngler

Yeah Aan, it's coming down in sheets, sideways. Way to hide from honey-do's.  :D

I'll also be monitoring here if you need anything, Bill.

Bill B