California Nevada River Forecast Center

Started by Bill B, January 06, 2017, 06:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Good, it was 40 here today too.  Mid teens later tonight.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Swami805

Glad to hear you're back to normal Bill. Maybe you could steer a few rain storms Santa Barbara way. Even with the rain we've received Lake Cachuma, our primary water source, is at 9% capacity. 75 here yesterday, 50 at 5am this morning, I guess there is an upside.
Super Bowl looks like it will be a good one.
Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Bill B

Here we go again.....Sacramento River rose 3' in less than 15 hours, NOAA revised the river forecast and we immediately saw the results.  Moved the trailers again last night and woke up to half of my old spot underwater......Im on higher ground now (same safe spot as last time).  Unfortunately one trailer, a 5th wheel, didnt get the memo, and is gonna be underwater.  I safely moved three trailers in about 30 minutes, but couldnt help the 5th wheelers.  Two were able to secure a tow this am, but the one unfortunate wheeler is gonna be left out because it's too mushy and unsafe to get him out.....have not heard from Ralph and Ted, but will text them to check their status.......Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

RiverAngler

Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

Todd Jacobsen

Hi Bill I did get your tex message and replied back. I had slight flooding but nothing major. I thought the same thing you said here we go again. Thanks for checking on us and if you needed anything give me a call either of you

Bill B

Cool Beans my Ohana....good news all 5th wheelers made it out....but it took a Cherry Picker with a welded on hitch to get the submerged 5th wheeler....no serious damage to him though,,,,got it before too deep......Bill

Bill B

WoooHooo....river has dropped enough  and the upper campground ha dried out enough we were able to move back to our original camp spots.....I have full power and hook ups again.....Bill

Todd Jacobsen

That's great news Bill. Glad your settled back in. Been a crazy season. River here is still very high and still flooded into a couple of vineyards. Thanks for all the texes and checking on us here during the storms.

Bill B

The Sacramento Delta is about to get a good flushing....a 4' rise in the river level in 24 hrs....Look out Todd and Ralph....Wont have to move the Redneck Condo, It may not be very productive but it sure is gonna be interesting.... :D   Bill

Todd Jacobsen

Bill- All this nice weather and we still have to be concerned. The river here is still moving fast and very high.