Penn 20/0 Senator

Started by The Great Maudu, January 06, 2017, 07:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

And there you have it Mike. From the Authority Himself.
I think Ray put it Best. Bigfoot uses a 20/0. :D
I now do not Believe in either one.
Not that I ever believed in Bigfoot,
I am laying this one to rest.
I have a Everol 20/0 and I don't think it will ever be topped.
No Sarcasm, No Drama. Just the Facts. ;)
Shark Hunter Uses a 20/0.
Believe it!
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

I found the 20/0, sorry it took so long.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bill B

:o :o :o   And it's a Lefty tooo,  maybe a Righty.....well maybe ambidextrous....aaaaaa, wait is that Bigfoot I see in the reflection....shoot I need another cup of coffee....... :P    Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

STRIPER LOU

Very cool Sal. Ya can catch em 2 at a time with that baby! Get's em comin and goin!  :D  ;D
.........Lou

FatTuna

I think you run two lines to the same hook and then crank with both hands at the same time.

The Great Maudu

OMG Sal I about spit my coffee when I saw that. It looks like something designed and built to address a problem I can't imagine exists. However, I for one will not be surprised when one day, a 16/0 that was widened to a 20 for a special customer one day appears. Until then if someone ever approaches me about one I'm going to tell them SHOW ME.

Alto Mare

Hahaha...I couldn't resist Mike. As you, I would not be surprised if one shows up...never say never.

Gunrunner

I don't know about a penn 20/0 I did run across
A interesting penn a guy in South Africa wanted to
Sell I was looking for a 49 wide and as we were talking he
He told me his father has a large Penn I ask him if it
Was a 16/0 he said no it was bigger about 2 inches
Wider and the end plates we about an inch bigger
Wanted to know if I was interested because I was buying
Wide reels I said no I wouldn't have a use for something
That size I don't know if this is what you guys a talking about
Or some special order item from way back when
Just thought I would toss my 2 cents in that's all

Scott

Alto Mare

Well Scott, nice story, but you already know what we say here, pics or it didn't happen :-\ ;D.

Gunrunner

I never gave it much thought but if something like this happens again
I will ask for a photo

Scott

Penn Chronology

Hello Scott,

I wonder where you were in South Africa. There is some really interesting land based big game fishing on the Indian Ocean Side of South Africa. Great White sharks are caught off the Sea Walls of Port Elizabeth. I have some friends there that had fascinating stories to tell about the fishing there.

Funny thing about the Ex Pats in South Africa. Historically, they have had problems with their postal services. So they get very creative in making their own tackle. Maybe what the person was talking about was a Penn reel that had been modified. They modify many things in South Africa because they need to.

Gunrunner

That could be like I said I never really gave it much
Thought I am going to go and look at all my notes
And see if I can find the contact info and get in
Touch and get some photos just to see what the guy was talking about

Scott

coastal_dan

This thread keeps getting more interesting!  ;)
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

The Great Maudu

I think it just really got interesting!