daiwa saltiga LD 50 - negative report

Started by alantani, January 12, 2017, 08:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Nice clip boss. Just a question; Why would you need the side plate? Wouldn't a new cam help? Well in his case, he could use a new lever as well.
Those parts shouldn't be that costly, actually, as you've point it out the problem, they should be free and they should redesign that part.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

the cam is hard stainless steel.  the hex in the inside is soft aluminum and is part of the side plate. 

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

alantani

i was tempted to go after it with metal putty.  what's it called?   :-\

exp2000

Dominick

Clear and concise design defect.  If purchased in California a small claims suit would get your money back.  The suit should be couched in terms of a  "breach of implied warranty of merchantability."  If not purchased in California, the owner can look at its own state code.  California Civil Code section 1794.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Robert Janssen

Quote from: alantani on January 12, 2017, 09:34:25 PM
i was tempted to go after it with metal putty.  what's it called?   :-\

JB Weld, or Devcon.

Silly perhaps, but this is not the only reel that uses a similar arrangement and has caused similar forum postings.

mley1

I have a like new Saltiga LD60.  I wonder if it may have a similar problem down the road. It's the largest of that series of Saltiga lever drags. So, I'm wondering if it'll be any beefier or be the same as the reel in the video.
Good luck fishing,

Marty

Fishy247

Wow, that's pretty disturbing. Especially the part about charging almost $200 to replace a faulty part! I'm not exactly in the market for any new high-end reels, but between this and the mag-seal issues, I'm going to file Daiwa right alongside Accurate in my "poor customer service" pile...

wallacewt

im with dominick on this
how about 1/2 dozen fishermen with faulty daiwa ld 50 band together
and approach daiwa.
there should be a total recall, just like
audio,vw etc; with their lies about emmission gases
its daiwa,s fault and they want $200 to fix it,i dont think so ???
im excited ;D ;D
(please contact alantani.com legal department)

alantani

i'm going to try to hammer the hole with a nail punch.  i'll install the cam first and see if i can make the soft aluminum "hex" expand enough to lock in the cam.  i had a pretty good buzz going with sal's cough syrup last night and before i fell asleep, this is what i came up with!