spinningobjects@gmail.com, ralph kirby, 14519 Crosshaven, Houston, Texas 77015

Started by alantani, January 13, 2017, 10:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

well, apparently the biking community (pedal, not motor) is not as reliable or trustworthy as the fishing community is.  if someone knows this guy, can you please have him send me a check for $67.  he apparently is big in the houston, tx biking community.  i sent him a bearing packer sometime back and he never paid for it.  he's only responded to a couple of my emails and has since gone dark.  maybe he died or something, who knows.  his bill goes back to the end of october, 2016.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

swill88

Quote from: alantani on January 13, 2017, 10:17:09 PM
well, apparently the biking community (pedal, not motor) is not as reliable or trustworthy as the fishing community is.  if someone knows this guy, can you please have him send me a check for $67.  he apparently is big in the houston, tx biking community.  i sent him a bearing packer sometime back and he never paid for it.  he's only responded to a couple of my emails and has since gone dark.  maybe he died or something, who knows.  his bill goes back to the end of october, 2016.  alan

maybe his shirt is too tight and he can't find his checkbook...
pretty common with the bicyclers.  steve

mley1

Houston is not far from me, but I'm not in the bicycle scene. So I don't know the guy. It's embarrassing that a Texan would stiff you Alan. Sorry he did that to you.
Good luck fishing,

Marty

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Bryan Young

There's a huge Houston Asian Angler's group.  I can always put out a blast there if needed.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

naw, don't waste your time with this guy.  i dunno.  maybe he has terminal cancer and he's in chemo right now.  who knows?  there could be a perfectly legit reason.  either way, i've written him off as a bad debt.  not going to bother him anymore.  

interestingly, when you google "spinningobjects@gmail.com," guess what comes up?  

Donnyboat

another bomb on its way from the other side of the world, black wall him on the bike forums, request that he quotes the cheque number when he pays the account, cheers donnyboat.
Don, or donnyboat

alantani

naw, leave him be.  it's $67.  what the hell do i care.  besides, he probably needs the money more than i do.   ;D

Keta

Quote from: alantani on January 15, 2017, 01:14:17 AM
naw, don't waste your time with this guy.  i dunno.  maybe he has terminal cancer and he's in chemo right now.  who knows?  there could be a perfectly legit reason.  either way, i've written him off as a bad debt.  not going to bother him anymore.  

interestingly, when you google "spinningobjects@gmail.com," guess what comes up?  

My virus protection blocks it.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Lunker Larry

Anyone check facebook? I'm not on it but I guess you might be able to search him out.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Rancanfish

Sounds like he runs a small one man bikeshop out of a boat shed.

It does say he's part of an organization that donate bikes to needy kids.

Maybe he is on hard times.  Not a spring chicken since he's been part of the bike scene since the 60's.

Karma will work it out one way or another.

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

alantani

boon

Quote from: alantani on January 15, 2017, 01:20:54 AM
naw, leave him be.  it's $67.  what the hell do i care.  besides, he probably needs the money more than i do.   ;D

It's the principle though!
I'm envious of your "turn the other cheek" attitude, I would pursue them relentlessly.

If you decide one day you would actually rather like your $67 back, I would gladly chase it on your behalf. For all you put into the global fishing community, when someone kicks you they kick all of us  >:(