Clever Lures That Catch Fish -- Dirt Cheap

Started by foakes, January 16, 2017, 03:43:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Those of us who have gone to the tackle shop to buy a few things before a fishing trip -- only to come out with a tiny bag and $150 lighter in the wallet -- might appreciate this.

I might also try to drop a couple of splitshot into the fold for casting weight and rattle-trap attraction.

Could even use a blade made from a pop top tab for a rotating blade.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Cor

I did precisely that once, and caught some very ferociaous  toothy critters on it.   It's too long a story, but the fish had bitten off all my lures and I had to improvise something
Cornelis

David Hall

I put one of those together when I was just a kid and it became my go to large mouth bass lure, I didn't fold it though. I left it flat and it skipped along the surface on fast retrieve.  That's when I realized bass will bite anything.

Bryan Young

I remember reading about these lures in Field and Stream years ago, and republished a few times thereafter for the next beer drinking generations.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

STRIPER LOU

Gfish

PBR, the beer a my mis-spent youth, 'ed be my lure choice. Fred are the caps strong enough to hold swivels n' hooks on larger fish without rippin the tin? Know what yer talkin 'bout, spendin so much $, I gotta switch from a Hurricane spoon (Wallmart),  to the biggest kastmasters and possibily Lure Jenssen krockadiles I can get, 'cause they'll reduce wind knots/backlashes while baitcastin, while the hurricane fludders all over the place 'cause a the design.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!