Amazing Wahoo (Any Meaty White Fish) Recipe

Started by coastal_dan, January 18, 2017, 03:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastal_dan

Bill gifted me some Wahoo the other day and I obviously was ecstatic as Wahoo is my families #1 favorite fish (tied with Golden Tilefish  :P)  So, we had used this recipe before but never on the grill, always broiled...well on the grill took this to new levels.  It was amazing, both kids went bananas for it and the 4 of us ate 3 giant filets/steaks  :o

Give it a shot...you won't be disappointed.

We did it with a side of asparagus and sweet potatoes.  And just yesterday I used the little bit of leftovers to make a fish salad, little bit of mayo and relish on a local Philly roll...boom, best lunch ever.  ;)

http://www.food.com/recipe/lainies-wahoo-marinade-126219
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

mike1010

About 10 years ago, the family and I were in Grand Cayman, and we stumbled on a place that was serving wahoo ceviche.  That is still one of the very best things I have ever eaten.

MarkT

It it was that great why were there leftovers?

I'm going to have to try that one.  I still have plenty of Wahoo.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

coastal_dan

I love leftovers...whatever we make for dinner, I usually set some aside for the next day.

Believe me, it was just as good the 2nd time  ;D
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Calusa

Wahoo on the grill is outstanding table fare.

SantaBarbarian

I concure with everyone that wahoo is excellent table fare and way too fun to catch. It is my families favorite and keeps me going back to San Diego for 7 - 8 day trips. I've always wanted to catch Big Moe, but these days I'm be even happier to come home with a clutch of Hoo. Thanks for the recipe!

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

Long Enuff

I have used that same recipe many times with Wahoo and dolphin.  It is one of my favorites.

Aiala

Sounds delish... I didn't luck into any 'hoo on my last trip, but Mike gave me some grouper... that should work!  8)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

MarkT

I made it tonight and here were no leftovers.  I think I've gained 3 pounds! I asked my son to save me from myself and have half. He said no thanks... it was his loss. I had it over angel hair pasta and it looked like the picture in the recipe. I used a bag of Wahoo with two good sized pieces and a box of angel hair pasta. I think I'll make it again tomorrow! I have another bag of Wahoo thawing in the fridge.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Ling

I made it tonight with yellowtail from the SOA trip.  Pretty darn good.