Get out there guys!

Started by Hamachi, January 18, 2017, 11:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamachi

Just a mediocre day total: 2 yellowtail 4 lingcod and three nice sized reds.
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

ReelFishingProblems

I'm dying for good hamachi, nice pics

David Hall

Rock fishing is closed in my area now.  And the sea is angry!

Hamachi

Mexico is open and one option for Californians. Fathom two speed w/300 yards of 50 braid and 75-100 top shot. Yo-yo style for yellowtail and bait dropper loop for lings and reds. Shimano 20/40 with braid and t-bar handle paired to and old saber sl55 7' 20-50 put me in the zone. Left Sunday fished Monday and came home Tuesday.

swill88

Quote from: Hamachi on January 19, 2017, 03:09:14 AM
Mexico is open and one option for Californians. Fathom two speed w/300 yards of 50 braid and 75-100 top shot. Yo-yo style for yellowtail and bait dropper loop for lings and reds. Shimano 20/40 with braid and t-bar handle paired to and old saber sl55 7' 20-50 put me in the zone. Left Sunday fished Monday and came home Tuesday.

great work!  thanks for posting..

where in Mexico?

Hamachi

Punta Colonet 120 miles south of San Diego. Finally found a purpose for my Phenix 909 eft. Seemed perfect paired up with the 25n two speed fathom. But I'm telling you guys you don't need a two speed if you just put a longer handle on your reel. Before you spend the extra money, move to the long throw position of the reel handle or try an aftermarket one. When the fish aren't that big low gear is a waste of time also.

Jimmer

Nice fish Warren - can't wait for June.
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

coastal_dan

Thanks for sharing!  Jealous of your 'winter' haha.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Hamachi

Yeah, t-shirt weather all day, a little cool in the morning and again in evening.

Aiala

What boat did you ride, Warren?  :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Hamachi

We ended up on the Pacific Queen out of fishermans. Open party $300 for 1.5 days. They go on Sunday Tuesday and Friday. Total count was 26 yellowtail 15 lingcod 125 assorted rockcod or something like that. Not that good considering we had a full load plus on the boat 33-36 fishing.

Aiala

Quote from: Hamachi on January 19, 2017, 11:46:23 PM
We ended up on the Pacific Queen out of fishermans. Open party $300 for 1.5 days. They go on Sunday Tuesday and Friday. Total count was 26 yellowtail 15 lingcod 125 assorted rockcod or something like that. Not that good considering we had a full load plus on the boat 33-36 fishing.

Hmm. Probably another month or so until the YTs begin to wake up for real. And who ever said "It never rains in California"?? Even here in Palm Springs!!  >:(

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Alto Mare

Very nive, thanks for sharing.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Hamachi

Another nice limit of chunky 2 pounders at Lake Perris, just like last week. Cranks, jigs and drop shots all worked.