Daiwa Saltiga LD 35 2 speed

Started by swoffer, January 19, 2017, 01:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swoffer

Hi folks , just wondering if anyone can point me to a tutorial I may have missed for these ?

Ive had a search to no avail .

Cheers Al

Tightlines667

The video tutorials and schematics for the Saltist LD35 are here...

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=1701.0

These were posted up by the boss and produced by the venerable ReelSpeed (Aaron).

The reels should he close enough to get you going.

Take your time, and take pictures as you go.  Pay close attention to the location and orientation of washers' shims, and bellevilles.

Also, it does appear that we are missing a tutorial for this reel.  The boss mentioned he had photos of a service and just needed to write it up back in 2009.  Also, he said he doesn't like working on these because of all of the small parts.

There are enough members here with experience servicing them where you should be ok here.

Of worse comes to worse, you could bag it up and ship it to Alan.

What have u got to lose.. right?

John

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

MarkT

Did you see the video Alan did on the Saltiga 50ld2 recently? Shipping to Alan is probably not the best call!  ;D
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Tightlines667

Quote from: MarkT on January 19, 2017, 04:08:49 AM
Did you see the video Alan did on the Saltiga 50ld2 recently? Shipping to Alan is probably not the best call!  ;D

Lol

:D
Hope springs eternal

swoffer

Quote from: Tightlines666 on January 19, 2017, 02:52:44 AM

John

Yeh , saw the Saltist one , but there are some differences  ;D . The bloody Daiwa schematics are no help either , the bits in the ld cam area arent even shown . Plus the reel was delivered to me with the 2 spd mechanism in a seperate ziplock bag  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Tightlines667

Quote from: swoffer on January 19, 2017, 05:05:50 AM
Quote from: Tightlines666 on January 19, 2017, 02:52:44 AM

John

Yeh , saw the Saltist one , but there are some differences  ;D . The bloody Daiwa schematics are no help either , the bits in the ld cam area arent even shown . Plus the reel was delivered to me with the 2 spd mechanism in a seperate ziplock bag  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Ouch!

I have worked on alot of lever drags and could probably get it sorted, though this may require multiple attempts and some testing.

I attached the correct schematic anyway.
Hope springs eternal

Tightlines667

Looking at the schematic, the reel looks straight forward enough to me.  The hardest part is figuring out which part is which.. especially the washers.  The gears also need to be put in place in tye correct orientation, and the spool spacing is critical.  Looks like the cam and upper shift assemblies are a bit overly complicated.

Should be a fun challenge.
Hope springs eternal

swoffer

Yeh the 2 speed should be easy enough to figure .

What I'm struggling with is the "C" clip , number #63 in the schematic does not show what it clips to . It retains what appears to be a hex head that engages with the centre of the preset cam #64 . This hex bit in this reel is rounded off and the gears are not engaging when the LD is moved .
I havent actually pulled it down yet , just trying to get my head around it before I do .

MarkT

That sounds like the issue in Alan's 50ld2 video.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

swoffer

Bloody ell, just caught up with this .That is exactly the issue with the reel I had in .

What a rort , how dow they sleep nights selling something that is clearly a bad idea , a lemon infact .