3" wide "Pearl Harbor Special" jigmaster

Started by Yogi_fish808, January 23, 2017, 03:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yogi_fish808

Would bronze be a better option over ss since its "slipperier" than ss while spinning against the bushings? Either way I agree Sal, these would be great to have readily available.

Yogi_fish808

Just wanted to say thank you very much to John aka:Tightlines666 for generously sending me a bunch of the delrin dots a while ago. My friend LOST the 1/16" brass insert I made and dropping a dot into the handle side bushing did the trick and its smooth as can be.

Aloha!
Kyle

Tightlines667

Glad it worked out for you.

BTW...
I just caught my first fish on mine this evening.  A nice Aku (Skipjack Tuna) out at the HH bouy (14nm run) on a small Malolo jet.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

oc1

Looks like the boat has come together John.  Good deal.
-steve

Tightlines667

Quote from: oc1 on April 17, 2017, 09:49:59 PM
Looks like the boat has come together John.  Good deal.
-steve

Finally got the fuel system, exhaust, and turbo sorted.  Yesterday was a 6 hr test run out 14nm, chassing bird piles, dropping on marine debris piles, and hitting the FAD.  Lost 1 & caught 1 Aku.  My boat to do list is still in the 'growing longer' phase, but the engine seems to be running good anyways.

Tonight it's sesame-ginger-shoyu Aku on the grill.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

David Hall

That must be the photo design that led to the Tiburon Hawaiian Wide.

Yogi_fish808

Nice Aku! I'm surprised how hard to little footballs of muscle can fight. The last time I fished on a boat we ran into a school of otaru (larger aku) 15-20lbs and they were taking line off the tiagra 80s.

coastal_dan

Yum!  Great job John.  I'm going to look you up next time we are in Oahu!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...