Changes at Truth Reels

Started by droppedit, January 23, 2017, 07:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

droppedit

I just saw on my facebook feed that truth reels has changed the name to Seigler Reels.
https://www.seigler.fish/
Hopefully it's just another name change and will not screw up existing service.

Dave
Some days the supply of available curse words is insufficient to meet my demands.

http://www.turnerscustomrods.com

broadway

Weren't they Release Reels, then Truth Reels, now Siegler Reels... why all the name changing?
Doesn't build much confidence in the brand in my opinion but what do I know.
Dom

Robert Janssen

Yes, apparently it is only a change of name only. The reels, ownership, parts & service remain unchanged.

The name changes are the result of other companies challenging the use of the names. The Release one I can understand, but the Truth one idunno. I hope it isn't just a patent & trademark troll.

Naming the company after its founder sounds wise though.

bhale1

Well I don't think too many people will be able to challenge " Seigler", the founders legal name...!!!
As I recall, the last name change was from someone challenging him and he just don't want to waste time and money going thru the legalities... so using his name is probably a wise choice😀
Brett

PERRO

Hmmm, I've only had it for a few months.. It now might be a collectors item  :o

thorhammer

I saw our OBX Trutrh rep at the show last week with a bunch. They are highly regarded in the surf community in Va and NC. Very well built. This dude is also the rep and custom builder for Century and has place nationally I the Sportcast distance comps. He won't hold it if not top-shelf.

Hopefully this is just namegame. I didn't like "Truth" anyway...boring for such a class reel. 

bhale1

I don't think its a name game, but may have something to do with the Primos brand of hunting videos, they have a series,;;"Primos, Truth about hunting", or something along those lines....I'm sure we will find out soon enough :)
Brett

akfish

I got an e-mail from Truth a few days ago saying they were threatened, again, with a law suit over their name so they had to change it. No other reason for the name change. If Release, er Truth, er Seigler would start including a schematic with their reels, and discontinue using aluminum screws I'd probably fish one...
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska