Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 02, 2017, 12:51:32 AM
Hey Benni, is that catch and release or you're eating them all?..good job!
Try some Velveeta cheese with that corn for some big ones :).
haha,,i catch and release only on the river,,,I go by all the rules and regulations but i have the game wardens call on me all the time and the police two times this year but sergeant early likes to striper fish too ,,, so when marlo has his pocket police scanner I know my fan club called  :D and I will try the Velveeta cheese

Shark Hunter

Now I know why Marlo packs that scanner. ;)
17 small trout would make quite the feast.
Just gut them and cook them whole.
Your adventures are going to make me get into freshwater again.
I haven't did it in several years.
I just work and wait to hit the beach.
I am planning on a four trip season next year instead of two.
That will be 9,000 miles on my truck.
That is the only reason I bought it. ;)
Life is Good!

Benni3

I know how it feels,,,you got a Everol 18 and you want to use it.

Benni3

Got 5 today after June the first it's like opening day in the c&r everybody using nightcrawlers

biggiesmalls

Benni, you and Marlo look like the most fun group of people to fish with - and you've got some awesome fish to boot!

Never realized those brookies fight so hard. Might have to come up there some day

Benni3

Quote from: biggiesmalls on June 03, 2017, 01:27:41 AM
Benni, you and Marlo look like the most fun group of people to fish with - and you've got some awesome fish to boot!

Never realized those brookies fight so hard. Might have to come up there some day
no problem your welcome anytime,,,

ChileRelleno

Hi Benni,
stopped by Salem for our evening meal, gas and to stretch our legs.
Went looking for you and Marlo, no luck at your local bridge.  
Water looked good. 
But DANG! Talk about heavily pressured fish, fishermen everywhere.

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Benni3

I'll give you my number next time you come throw maybe can do some fishing,,,got there late today got 4 smallmouth

Shark Hunter

That is funny to see John at your local spot.
Wish you guys could have hooked up.
Would have been great for a photo op.
Life is Good!

ChileRelleno

Will do Benni,
next time I come through I'll holler at ya.
My younger son was wanting you to hook him into a nice Bow.
The wife was saying "I gotta pee, and I'm not peeing in the bushes".
All the kids were hungry, and that Asian buffet on the South end of Main St. ain't bad.

Yeah Daron, I hoped to luck out and see him down there, what with it being a beautiful Saturday late afternoon/evening.
And even if he wasn't around, it was too good an photo-op adventure to not go.

I used 'Google Earth' to track down his favorite bridge.
Not many to begin with and only one with a walkway going under it, so easy to spot it in a relatively small place like Salem/Roanoke.
Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

Your wife is gonna kick your butt if she sees this. :D
My trips to Florida are only 700 miles. That is enough for me.
My truck is such a gas hog, It stops before hunger or bodily functions come into play. ;)
I usually have to make three stops at minimum.
When I'm trying to reach my destination, I just drive like a mad man.
It usually ends up being a 13 hour drive with 5 stops for landmarks and peach farms.
I can't wait to drive it again. ;)
Be safe John.
Life is Good!

Benni3

I really missed out on that one I was working on my dad's truck,,,I would like to rig it up with live minnows for nate to get some of those big smallmouth ,,,did you see anybody catch any trout or was it just weekend warriors  ;D

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Benni3 on June 04, 2017, 03:32:26 AM
I really missed out on that one I was working on my dad's truck,,,I would like to rig it up with live minnows for nate to get some of those big smallmouth ,,,did you see anybody catch any trout or was it just weekend warriors  ;D
LOL... A couple of earnest looking fisherman here and there, a bunch of weekend warriors and two clowns in kayaks with one hooked into the others yak.
The yak clowns were creating enough noise/ruckus to shut down the bite for a 1/8 mile either way.
And everyone was giving them the stink eye.  >:(
Ragnar Benson:

Benni3

Thay just stocked the river and it's difficult i came out late today got 3 smallmouth 1 rainbow on live minnows

Benni3

Early start this morning