Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3

Quote from: FatTuna on October 09, 2017, 01:46:32 AM
What's up with the International 50?
that's my lucky stripper rod and I don't know why but it works  :D  just set the drag on 3 or 3 1/2  ;D

Benni3

It made Marlo very happy to get his master angler patch and he said thanks everybody  ;D 

Benni3

set back for me and marlo,,,,trout season started  October 1 you can only fish 5:00am to 1hr after sunset using latitude and longitude and NOAA solar calculator,, except carvins cove 8:30am to 6:30pm :-[  new and old rules and regulations by trout unlimited and the Virginia department of game ,,,every half mile of every river, stream and cow pasture has different rules and regulations  (examples: heritage, urban,special,delayed harvest,national forest, land owner permits,,,from this bridge to that bridge and it's all in hieroplyphics  :-\ try to figure out something like there artificial lure definition  ???  and if anybody in the world would like to add anymore rules and regulations for 2019 ,,then go to 2017-2018 fishing and aquatic wildlife regulations review & amendments process: public scoping period for changes/updates  at Virginia department of game and inland fisheries :o ;D :D ;) it just doesn't get any funnier than that,,,but don't worry me and Marlo will figure something out  :D

Benni3

Let this gear soak in oil for a week and it doesn't want to come off,,,any ideas

Shark Hunter

Put it in the freezer for a few minutes.
I try that first before I go to extremes.
Life is Good!

steelfish

Quote from: Benni3 on October 09, 2017, 01:54:17 AM
that's my lucky stripper rod and I don't know why but it works  :D  just set the drag on 3 or 3 1/2  ;D

you know Benni, I like the way to think and the way you use your big reels, I would never though on using a Int 50 to fish stripers but it looks pretty good on the boat and its better use it on any fish than never use it at all.

you just convince me, I will start using my Van Staal vs275 for fishing baybass and triggerfish LOL, I never use it from the shore cuz its too big for those small fishes and no other fish came to the shore for surf fishing (some are using the VS275 and VS300 for tuna fishing), I normally use my shimano sonora 4000 or my abu 6500 and have a blass on the beach and light tackle, but I think I will be also pretty stocked on get my VS wet from time to time paired with a tsunami airwave 9ft or my 7ft ligther rod

The Baja Guy

Benni3

Quote from: steelfish on October 14, 2017, 06:09:21 PM
Quote from: Benni3 on October 09, 2017, 01:54:17 AM
that's my lucky stripper rod and I don't know why but it works  :D  just set the drag on 3 or 3 1/2  ;D

you know Benni, I like the way to think and the way you use your big reels, I would never though on using a Int 50 to fish stripers but it looks pretty good on the boat and its better use it on any fish than never use it at all.

you just convince me, I will start using my Van Staal vs275 for fishing baybass and triggerfish LOL, I never use it from the shore cuz its too big for those small fishes and no other fish came to the shore for surf fishing (some are using the VS275 and VS300 for tuna fishing), I normally use my shimano sonora 4000 or my abu 6500 and have a blass on the beach and light tackle, but I think I will be also pretty stocked on get my VS wet from time to time paired with a tsunami airwave 9ft or my 7ft ligther rod

yes the fly fisherman  made fun of me for using cheap gear ,,,,so I went with  penn and I get strange looks all the time  :o but like today  you never know what you will hook and I'm ready for anything  :D and that van staal is very nice and i can't wait to see the big ones you get with that  ;D

Benni3

Quote from: Shark Hunter on October 14, 2017, 03:55:32 PM
Put it in the freezer for a few minutes.
I try that first before I go to extremes.
in the freezer it goes,,,thanks for your help

Benni3

This is how you take line off  :D

Benni3

Thay stocked trout today  :D I got 1 after work

Bill B

Great fishing Benni and congrats to Marlo.....for the stuck pinion...try some 50/50 atf/acetone soak, then freezer, 350 degree oven, lather, rinse, repeat, about 3X.  I did that to a broke and frozen screw in an alum frame.   Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Benni3

Finally mailed in and got my walleye citishion and this weekend works out going to take Marlo to new river to try and get his musky citishion

Benni3

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on October 19, 2017, 01:08:45 AM
Great fishing Benni and congrats to Marlo.....for the stuck pinion...try some 50/50 atf/acetone soak, then freezer, 350 degree oven, lather, rinse, repeat, about 3X.  I did that to a broke and frozen screw in an alum frame.   Bill
thanks Bill I'm going to try that

Benni3

Got one redeye today,,,,and this little guy was telling me I was getting a bite and I missed him :)

Benni3

Me and Marlo went to the new river and it was like this all  :o day