Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

The Baja Guy

Rivverrat

Alex, here you go. This will bring you even more confusion.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_(mythology)n

Benni's posts I think  is speaking of an eagle... Jeff

Tiddlerbasher

Alex:

In Greek mythology, a phoenix (/ˈfiːnɪks/; Ancient Greek: φοῖνιξ, phoînix) is a long-lived bird that cyclically regenerates or is otherwise born again.

Associated with the Sun, a phoenix obtains new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessor. According to some sources, the phoenix dies in a show of flames and combustion, although there are other sources that claim that the legendary bird dies and simply decomposes before being born again.[1] There are different traditions concerning the lifespan of the phoenix, but by most accounts the phoenix lived for 500 years before rebirth.[2] Herodotus, Lucan, Pliny the Elder, Pope Clement I, Lactantius, Ovid, and Isidore of Seville are among those who have contributed to the retelling and transmission of the phoenix motif.

In the historical record, the phoenix "could symbolize renewal in general as well as the sun, time, the Empire, metempsychosis, consecration, resurrection, life in the heavenly Paradise, Christ, Mary, virginity, the exceptional man, and certain aspects of Christian life".[3]

steelfish

thanks guys, I already knew about the Phoenix mithology animal and all that stuff.

but never ever heard before someone using that name for refering an actual animal

The Baja Guy

Benni3

Quote from: steelfish on November 09, 2018, 04:59:18 PM
thanks guys, I already knew about the Phoenix mithology animal and all that stuff.

but never ever heard before someone using that name for refering an actual animal

we have pterodactyls here too,,, ;) of course some people think there blue herons flying over :D when I was a kid the only thing I saw in the woods was squirrels,rabbits and you could hear a barn owl sometimes at night,,,,the state has said that they stocked coyotes and stink bugs and people got really mad >:( so now thay just don't tell us anymore,,,,like paited turtle,gold fish,minks,quail,beaver,red fox,blue fox,osprey,red tail hawk,eagle,black bear,elk,mountain lion,otter,,,so I might stop someone and say look at that manatee ;D

Shark Hunter

The Phoenix is just a mystical creature.
I do see red tail hawks and they are supreme in their domain here in Kentucky.
Their talons are quite impressive.
I saw one on the picnic table in the back yard just a few days ago.
They will shred a dove, rabbit or squirrel in a few seconds.
I respect them and let them do their will.
They are raptors in my opinion.
The supreme killer. Fast, efficient and very effective.
Life is Good!

oc1

They're neat birds.  Red-Tail are big, but when we lived on the East Coast a Red-Tail killed our full-grown peacock.  About four times it's weight.  The hawk took one swipe at it and when the peacock ran instead of turning to fight the hawk finished it off.  I've heard they will take out a cat but have never been fortunate enough to see it.
-steve

Benni3

Quote from: Shark Hunter on November 11, 2018, 03:54:30 AM
The Phoenix is just a mystical creature.
I do see red tail hawks and they are supreme in their domain here in Kentucky.
Their talons are quite impressive.
I saw one on the picnic table in the back yard just a few days ago.
They will shred a dove, rabbit or squirrel in a few seconds.
I respect them and let them do their will.
They are raptors in my opinion.
The supreme killer. Fast, efficient and very effective.
the hawks are very cool,,,,Virginia stocked them to kill the doves at the airport here :) but some things around here they just appear over night ??? The gold fish was the funniest,,,,pods of 15 or 20 4in long in different places,,,the blue herons got them all in 4days :D ;D

Benni3

Quote from: oc1 on November 11, 2018, 06:21:40 AM
They're neat birds.  Red-Tail are big, but when we lived on the East Coast a Red-Tail killed our full-grown peacock.  About four times it's weight.  The hawk took one swipe at it and when the peacock ran instead of turning to fight the hawk finished it off.  I've heard they will take out a cat but have never been fortunate enough to see it.
-steve
sorry to here that,,,the coyotes eat the poodles around here  :o

Shark Hunter

The Talon's on a Big red tail are no joke.
Life is Good!

Benni3

Quote from: Shark Hunter on November 12, 2018, 02:39:40 AM

yes,,,,one time I was changing the spark plugs in a s10 truck and heard a thump and a hawk was shredding a dove,,,,, thay don't play around  ;D

Benni3

Quote from: Shark Hunter on November 12, 2018, 02:39:40 AM

work sent me to pell city Alabama,,,, I'm coming back and I have seen 7 red tail hawks today? That's cool ;D

Dominick

Benni, you miscounted in that photo I only see 6.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

oc1

The Canada population migrates south and overlaps with the permanent southern population this time of year.
-steve

Alto Mare

Quote from: Dominick on November 13, 2018, 06:38:40 PM
Benni, you miscounted in that photo I only see 6.  Dominick
;D ;D...
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.