Reel Man

Started by Frank, January 27, 2017, 05:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

I think I made contact with Jerry for the first time in the late 90's on the old Allcoast board. I purchased some custom replacement Newell handle knobs a machinist friend of his used to make. He has always been sharing his wealth of Newell knowledge on the internet to anyone in need of help. While it seems like a majority of the tackle repair world is trying to make a killing on hard to find Newell parts he is always stepping up offering items from his supply and I would wager the prices are reasonable to no cost at all. Jerry, as well as many other AT members, make this board such a outstanding place.
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

MarkT

Jerry is indeed a great guy!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

steelfish

Im another guy that had been helped by Jerry, he helped me to get a new pinion for my neweell reel at no cost, he refused to get even the shipping cost.

since I dont have many parts to help when AT members need something I try to payback locally with guys in need of fishing gear and parts, lures, etc.

this place and of course the guys that made AT.com a wonderful place have taught me to share and to help others in the hobby or outside the hobby.

thanks again Jerry
The Baja Guy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I don't think that you could find a more knowledgeable and generous person in the fishing community (or anywhere else) than Jerry.  My only complaint is that I did not get to meet him until a couple of years ago.

Swami805

I posted on another site I had a Newell that was howling when I was casting. Jerry piped in said it was bad bearings and sent me a pair. Has helped me other things since. Thanks jerry
Do what you can with that you have where you are

vilters

Jerry has helped me too, more than once. many times here, I've seen where he's sent someone a part, n/c.  you  wont find anyone more newell knowledgable. thanks Jerry   8)

Newell Nut

Jerry has been a life saver for me at times with special items. Great friend.

bluefish69

Jerry has also helped me many times. I just wish that I could pay for the free ones, I know he paid for them.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.