Trolling with Mak20 SEa??

Started by TJ Arima, January 30, 2017, 04:37:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ Arima

I asked this question in BD forum already. I'm sorry if I can't do that, Admin, please delete if it's not acceptable. Thank you.

I was wondering if anyone troll with Makaira 20SEa out there. I keep seeing people out using these for chunking/jigging/live bait with rail rods but haven't heard anybody using them straight trolling. Friend is giving me one and so just making sure I can use it to troll for Ahi 100+lbs. From the specs, looks like i can put 500 yards of 100# JB Hollow with 100yd of 100# momoi diamond on it. Drag specs look good too. The idea is to fish off the holder most times but when wanting to use the belt, the size of Mak20 will be good and not too big. Thanks in advance.

alantani

it would work fine.  it just depends on the line weight and line capacity needed. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

TJ Arima

Thank you sir! Will fill as much of JB hollow as it can with 100yd topshot. Thanks again.

boon

I'm contemplating buying one myself, discussing with another fisho he uses them for Marlin and Swordfish so I would say you'll be ok on Ahi :)

TJ Arima

I ended up getting a Makaira 50Wii SEa. Nice looking reel. Was a great price. Anyone know where a good place to get 130# JB Hollow for decent price? Need about 500 yards. Will mate it to 100lb topshot.

otownjoe

You can buy jb products from Ketas  kustom parts on this site.