Keta Kranks ORDERS CLOSED

Started by Keta, January 31, 2017, 07:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Quote from: steelfish on March 02, 2017, 06:22:57 AM
Lee, any update on the keta kranks?

Trying to save up  $200 for material.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Decker

Quote from: Keta on March 02, 2017, 01:35:45 PM
Quote from: steelfish on March 02, 2017, 06:22:57 AM
Lee, any update on the keta kranks?

Trying to save up  $200 for material.

I'm in no rush, but still willing to prepay if it would help.

STRIPER LOU

Lee, I'd also be happy to prepay if it helps. The government paycheck isn't the greatest for sure.

.................Lou

Keta

I have considered 50% but I hate taking $ before I have the parts.  Things should get better once it warms up and the heating bill goes down.

Spending $  on things like rebarreling a rifle for sage rat shooting and my wife destroying a year old tire by driving 5 miles on it flat don't help.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Keta

Now that the SSS is over and I am back home I will be trying to sell a few reels, that will help.

Mark Twain

RowdyW

Lee, I'll also prepay if that will help getting this project off the ground.           Rudy

steelfish

Quote from: Keta on March 02, 2017, 03:01:12 PM
Now that the SSS is over and I am back home I will be trying to sell a few reels, that will help.

I not gonna tell you if is a good move to sell reels to buy the materials or not but the normal way when you order something custom is that you have to prepay 50% to ensure the business to the seller, if someone cancel the order is money loss for you and that no ok.

I also totally open to a 50% prepay, why dont you calculate the cost of the material and ask for 10 or 12 guys that wanted to prepay 50% enough to cover the materials, the rest of the orders can pay you in full when you get the parts finished.

When I have a rod or reel from a friend or from a walk-in customer and ask me to fix their rods/reels, I'd ask for 50% prepay, I hate having rods or reels sitting on my shelf for weeks or months cuz the customer its not in a hurry to get it back, well with 50% prepay at least I have my money from materials covered.

The Baja Guy

Keta

The reels I am selling are ones I do not use.  I will think over a 50%  deposit but I would not feel right if it was not refundable, things happen and I would not want to put others in a bind.

Mark Twain

steelfish

Quote from: Keta on March 02, 2017, 05:20:33 PM
.......things happen and I would not want to put others in a bind.

you are a good guy amigo
The Baja Guy

Decker

Quote from: steelfish on March 02, 2017, 05:32:32 PM

you are a good guy amigo

Not that I'm a significant player in the trade on this site, but, at least in principle, sharing risk between seller and buyer seems like the "ohana" thing to do :)  Generally it is the seller who takes the bigger risk.

JRD

Quote from: Decker on March 02, 2017, 05:55:56 PM
Quote from: steelfish on March 02, 2017, 05:32:32 PM

you are a good guy amigo

Not that I'm a significant player in the trade on this site, but, at least in principle, sharing risk between seller and buyer seems like the "ohana" thing to do :)  Generally it is the seller who takes the bigger risk.

I'm in for a pre-pay also.  50% or a 100% doesn't matter. 

Dan-J

I will also pre-pay for the Krank.   I also need a set of 113 lug blanks to go with the Krank.

Maxed Out

I'll be glad to donate $40 to help buy material. No strings attached  :) -Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

El Pescador

Lee-BO!

I too am more than happy to send the full amount in advance for my Keta Krank!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Dominick

Quote from: El Pescador on March 02, 2017, 11:40:45 PM
Lee-BO!

I too am more than happy to send the full amount in advance for my Keta Krank!!!!

Wayne
How come??? It's not tax deductible.  :D ;D :D ;D Your friend Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.