AccuFrame 4/0 width options

Started by ReelFishingProblems, February 02, 2017, 01:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReelFishingProblems

So I now have three widths for AccuFrames, narrow, standard and wide. Other than line capacity is there any advantage for one over the others? I will mostly be using it for fishing for grouper, but would like to be able to troll for school dolphin in the summer and any mackerel or wahoo that may be targets of opportunity

Thank you for your help,

Nick

thorhammer

I think it goes back to line choice. for instance, narrow loaded with 50 lb mono for grouper wont hold but maybe 250 yards; a little low for wahoo. However certainly that reel could do either with say, 300 yds 80 braid topped with 50 / 60 mono. Standard width with straight 40lb probably is good in-between; that's where I'm loading my straight mono 4/0's. The wide isn't the best balance to stand and hold grouper fishing, but will hold about 400yds 50 mono; a good trolling application. I used to grouper fish with 4/0 wide accurate and 114H's with straight mono but have now gone to narrow tall reels with 65 braid and 20 ft of 60 fluoro on top (Torium 20, Avet SX, etc.) due to weight and balance. Braid much better for bottom fishing but I still prefer mono trolling multiple lines.