Acrylic order for Broadway Dom

Started by STRIPER LOU, February 05, 2017, 04:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

Dom, just finished up your order this AM. Pictures aren't the greatest as these thing are so shiny its difficult to photograph. Have to learn how to use the filters provided in the camera.

Broadway is a great customer and has become a very good AT friend. We hope to meet this summer. I like working with Dom and he's always looking for different colors and trying them out! He's always a polite gentleman! Ted says he's like a younger version of me and a very talented fisherman. I'll definitely take that as a compliment but I have a feeling he may be a foot or two taller and I may have a little trouble filling those shoes! ;D

The white/silver/black pearl was a new color. Extremely difficult to capture its beauty in a pic. Kim's is the green translucent (very popular) and Jacks is the steel blue/gray pearl knob which is a fairly new color to boot.

Dom's handle was made a bit larger in diameter but the angle was increased. This gives you a great grip without making the handle look bulky on a small reel. Kim's knob is slightly smaller in diameter and length, the angle was also increased and a larger end radius to  better fit the ladies hand and provide a bit added comfort. The knob's shaft length is also shortened slightly as we've tried this on Gracie and seems to work best for the gal's.
Jacks knob was thinned down a bit and has the radius increased too. I believe they're all going to have the honor of going on Tom's beautiful squidders. ;)  :o
Kinda like fitting the whole family for shoes!

I've made a bunch of handles and although similar, no two are exactly alike and all tailored to the individual and application.

John H, your knobs are done and I'll start working on the handle arms today. Have to cover everything with drop cloths in the shop when buffing out the tool marks. Even the big vac cant keep up with the dust. Makes a mess and its tough on the old guys hands.

By the end of this week I'll be starting all the new orders. I'll be working on those and the balance of bucktail orders I have at the moment.
Thanks to all for your orders, purchases and patience! Its appreciated!
All have a great day,  ..  Lou

mo65

Wow Lou! Hey Dom...you better be postin' pics of that black/white/silver one when on a reel...I gotta see it! I may have to have that color combo for myself. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

David Hall

Yeah that one really caught my eye too.

Reel 224

Great work! What more has to be said.

Except those pictures don't do Lou's work justice. They are much nicer in person! :o

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

coastal_dan

Amazing...yet again Lou!  Dom you have some real gems there.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Fishy247

You really do make some beautiful works! I'm gonna have to order some up...

reel man

Man, those knobs are gorgeous.  Much too beautiful to put to work.

Next time you might try some incandescent lighting to highlight the sparkle.

Dominick

Quote from: reel man on February 08, 2017, 03:19:04 AM
Man, those knobs are gorgeous.  Much too beautiful to put to work.

Next time you might try some incandescent lighting to highlight the sparkle.
Those knobs are so gorgeous they even look good in candlelight.  :-*  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Reel 224

Candle Light ??? Dom What are you doing, romancing them? ;D ;)

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."