Rebuild AVET TR-X50

Started by takeshi, February 07, 2017, 02:52:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

takeshi

Rebuild of AVET TR - X50 does not work.
The pin that holds the left spool bearing (NO.26) is quite hard
As a result, drag is always held down and it does not become free spool.

I think that the part shown below can not be rebuilt successfully.
I did over and over, but I can not solve it myself.

Tightlines667

Are you having trouble getting the pin (s) back in the shaft? Out? Or the reel just loses freespool after reassembling as you found it? 

Sounds like a possible spacing issue.  These reel's have tight tollerances, and require precise spacing to function properly.  Is it possible you misplaced a thin metal washe(shim)?  Or put a shim in the incorrect position?  Did you replace any parts? Bearings, belleville washers, ect..?

More then likely the cupped/ belleville/ spring washers have been reassembled in the incorrect arrangement, or the shim(s) were placed in the wrong location.

After the pinion bearing you should have 2 Belleville waahers arranged like () .  The just inside of the pinion gear there should be 1 thin thrust washer.  If these are correct, also ensure that the the springs pins, and everything along the shaft is in its correct position.

Not sure if that helps?

These reels need to be assembled exactly as they were disassembled, serviced reguarily, shimmed with any appreciable wear, through use, and prefer to be lightly lubed.  Don't overdo it with the grease.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

takeshi

Thank you immediately answer
I also thought there was a mistake in the placement and the back of the parts.
I repeated over and over while looking at the parts diagram, but it does not work.
I sent out a request mail for overhaul to Avet, but I have not heard back from my reply.

I will reassemble it again without giving up.
I am very happy to receive a reply.

Because I am writing with translation software, please pardon if there is a rude phrase.

takeshi

I tried it over again.
In order to secure the clearance of SPOOL SHAFT, I tried assembling it by pulling out RIGHT SIDE INNER BRAKE.
LEFT SIDE INNER PIN entered easily.
But perfectly (to the extent of compromise) it did not become a free spool.
I think that this is the characteristic of TR - X.
Although it will not be a problem in trolling, it is not suitable for fishing where you want to put out thread without resistance with live bait.
I carefully reviewed the parts composition carefully and assembled many patterns, so I do not think there is any mistake of parts.

I think that this reel is wonderful even if this is deducted.

Just though I emailed AVET three times to request overhaul, I do not have any reply?
I am dissatisfied with the correspondence of AVET.

Tightlines667

If you are determined to correct the freespool problem, you need to determine what is causing the problem.   Are one of the drag components rubbing/contacting prematurely?  Or is it caused by side loading of the pinion, left or right spool bearing?  This requires testing of the subassemblies.  Your first test suggests that you may have too much space taken up somewhere between the two spool shaft pins, and this is causing side loading to tye spool bearing (s).  It may be useful to try yo assemble all of the spool shaft components outside of the reel and test fir freespool.  You might try tye function with the thrust washer removed.  The other trick is to put a thin coating of fresh grease on each part and after reassembly and spinning in freespool only, dissasemble and look to see where the grease was displaced or where parts are contacting.

This type of spacing issue can be problematic to track down, and will likely require disassembling/reassembling the reel many times with minor changes/adjustments in spacing between.  It would be useful yo have new bellevilles, several thrust washers, and the spool shaft, so you can sand parts and try shorter ones verses longer.  It may he that your drag plates have swelled slightly or are warped slightly and are contacting too.  This is a tough one for me to diagnose without the reel in hand.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.