New California saltwater ling/rockfish regulations

Started by pjstevko, February 08, 2017, 05:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bill B

It's good to hear the fishery has recovered somewhat, but does this mean lings are beginning to suffer? Thanks for the update......Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Keta

In Oregon canarys were never a problem, same for yelloweye.  There is a chance we will get yelloweye back next year.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Fishy247

The new regs sound pretty good to me, but double-check with DFW to make sure that they are actually going to be in effect before going out fishing. I'm not sure that they will be, as our groundfish are federally regulated. The season isn't due to open until April in Central CA, so hopefully it will all be straightened out by then.

Mike

Fishy247

Well shoot...I can't say I've ever been happier to be wrong...lol sorry for any confusion I may have caused!

Tightlines667

By in large, there are some management success stories for many of tue nearshore species in this region.  I wish the SE would take note that federal/state cooperative management can work for nearshore species. 

Just a thought.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

pjstevko

New statewide changes include:

A new sub-bag limit of one canary rockfish within the 10-fish Rockfish, Cabezon and Greenling (RCG) Complex bag limit
A decrease in the sub-bag limit of black rockfish from five to three within the 10-fish RCG Complex bag limit
Elimination of the sub-bag limit of bocaccio within the 10-fish RCG Complex bag limit
A decrease in the lingcod bag limit from three to two fish
Allowance of petrale sole and starry flounder to be retained year round at all depths