Snow, snow, and more snow!!!

Started by STRIPER LOU, February 10, 2017, 01:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

I'm sure most of you East coasters got a healthy dose of snow today. We live in close vicinity to Higby Mountain which part of Metacomet Ridge. Although not a huge mountain by any means it definitely adds to the weather factor here for sure.

It parallels Interstate 91 in some places and seems to throw rain, wind, or snow right down that corridor.

No doubt it helped mother nature do its thing today.
About 4 or 5 years ago I decided to buy a 15 HP snowblower. All the neighbors thought I was nuts and I am. Funny though, in the last couple years they're all buying them now.

I have a large driveway and have offered kids that were out shoveling $75. and even as much as a $100. to shovel it and they mostly laugh. Plowing unfortunately is not an option as there no place to push the snow.

Landscapers don't want to be bothered as they make the big bucks doing commercial stuff.

The body is beat and every bone aches, but its done and so am I. Hope everyone got shoveled out ok and everyone survived the weather all the way from west to east.
Time for a Bourbon or Brandy and press the sheets! All have a great evening,  ..  Lou

bluefish69

We had about the same amount of Snow 9" - 10". We live in a Co Op so other people do the dirty work with the Snow.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

It looks like your snowblower investment paid dividends Lou.  I hope that your aches and pains go away asap.  All of those rebuilding muscles should make pulling on those big stripers a little bit easier this season!

David Hall

I feel for you guys out there.  All we get is rain rain and more rain, mudslides and roads washing out.  I still stay indoors and wait em out.
Take care.

Maxed Out

Wow Lou, that's a long driveway and snow halfway up the doors on your car !!

I'd say your snow blower is worth it's weight in gold right about now. Funny part is now you can drive out to the street, but the street is worse than your driveway was. Lol

Stay warm and safe my friend
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Reel 224

Lou: I feel for you bud and I know how long your driveway is. We were lucky this time around. I guess it was because of the shores influence. That snow looks like a lot more then 10" more like 24" to me, but what ever the case at least you got it cleaned up.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Shark Hunter

Holy Cow!
I live a sheltered life from the snow.
Kentucky is far enough away from the coast to have some decent weather. It gets cold, but we don't get near that amount of snow.
The Blizzard of 77 was probably the worst.
I was 12. The Ohio river frozen solid.
Be safe Lou.
Life is Good!

STRIPER LOU

The wind was insane. Some spots had blown down to several inches but Gracie said she measured 16/18 inches around the middle of the drive. It was really hard to tell because of the wind. A few spots had drifted up too 3 feet!

The driveway is about 200 ft long, the top 3rd is triple wide and I have a double wide turnaround about halfway up.

Man, them ole bones is sore this morning!
Gracie made for dinner a Chile lime pork tenderloin with yellow rice/chorizo, fried sweet plantains, and pinto beans. And for dessert I had a nice chunk of semi sweet chocolate and washed it down with a double Bourbon.

No pain and a very happy belly!

The blower is an Ariens 15 HP Commercial and weights at least 300 lbs. I'm a bone rack, maybe a bit over 150 and that thing really moves me around. Gracie is  tiny little thing, 5' and I always say I'm gonna have her run the machine. I'm afraid it might drag her down the driveway though.

Today is just another day in Ct. Temps are super cold. Around 5 degs or so this morning.
OK, good to hear from you all and its time to get to work. A pretty late start for me.
All have a great day,  ..  Lou

Reel 224

Lou: I can just picture Gracie fighting that Ariens ::) No way jose! That is not happening. I had the same machine and I gave it to my son, I have a 25hp John Deer W/ plow and weigh two of you. ;D Stay warm bud.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Lou, we have been getting some nasty weather here on the Central Coast of California, rain and more rain.  It's going to get really nasty here beginning Sunday.  The rain is going to stop and it's supposed to be sunny through Tuesday, but the temperature is going to be a bone-chilling 69, 70 and 71 for Sunday through Tuesday. 

STRIPER LOU

Randy, you guys went from a really bad dry spell to all out rain. We saw a mudslide push a house right off its foundation.
Not good. Very scary!

I've lived in Ct all my life and have seen some nasty storms. This one made for the worst road conditions ever. The snow was so heavy they were using bobcats and bucket loaders. The big plow trucks were going 4 in line and every one would drop their plow lower and it still wasn't cleaning up.

Look like a few more inches tonight, several on Sunday and possibly more on Thursday! Oh well >:(

Fridge is full, Oil tank is full, and there's some Bourbon and Brandy left, SOOOOOO  ;D
All have a great evening,  ..  Lou

Reel 224

Lou; You have the right attitude for this weather> :)

Joe

STRIPER LOU

Joe, the fridge is very important you know. OK back to the lathe. Working on Handi, Mizmo, and bills knobs.
..........Lou