Ulua Junkies

Started by steelhead_killer, February 10, 2017, 09:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelhead_killer

Just read they are going out of business?.  Too bad they had some hard to find stuff.

Andy
><)))">

Swami805

That is a bummer,better stock up on those small parts, either that or dig thru the carpet and try and find those flying c clips.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Tightlines667

My guess is that he will he back someday.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

SNAPS

I sure hope so. I wish an existing reel mfgr would buy up the machinery and patents from the company that bought newell. They are such a simple foolproof design, ha, maybe thats why no one will re produce them. Imagine a mass produced  Newell reel with the option of having either an old style graphite frame and side plates or solid aluminum frame and side plates. Everything mounts on the plate easy to service almkst foolproof in it operation, ons or 2 minor things I would change maybe a thicker dog springs and another tooth to reduce handle play but thats it.

bluefish69

I have serviced many Newell's & never found a broken Dog Springs. I own over 40 reels myself.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

David Hall

I visited his site, selling out fast.  I ordered a new pair of crimpers.  Cutters are all sold out.

Sulla

I went to the site and saw them having "close out sales" on various item bet it doesn't say they are closing shop. At least not on their website?

David Hall

Crimped arrived today, wow titanium frames and cutter head.  Double action, good bye wrist crimping pain!
Wish he hadn't sold out on the titanium cutters.  Price was ridiculously low.  Something like $18.00 Plus shipping I think?

codisking

I tried to buy some Newell parts, ie. stainless clickers, Boca bearings, and a handle but they were all sold out. Do you guys know if there are any other spots to get some of these parts?

Thanks

vilters

bearings from smooth drag, handle arms from motive fabrication, handle knobs from pro challenger and smooth drag,  stainless clicker kits from cortez conversions, all here on this website.

Swami805

X2, if you're getting away from graphite parts check motive fabs drag star too.
Do what you can with that you have where you are