Shame, Shame....Shame!

Started by SoCalAngler, February 12, 2017, 03:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalAngler

I didn't know if I should post this but I thought others may learn from stupid, my word, mistakes or trying to rip anyone off. Heck my insurance is high enough already.

I never fished on the Commander but I have fished on the Eclipse several times and have somewhat mixed reviews regarding that boat. But, I don't think I will give my hard earned dollars to people that will do something like this.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/courts/sd-me-boat-fraud-20170201-story.html

broadway

Yeah, that's some shady stuff right there.  Bet they lost a bundle in making that bad decision, and deservedly so.
Dom

MarkT

Stupid should hurt and in this case it will for the rest of their lives. I'm fine with that, they deserve it!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

Plain old stupid... Not only should they go to jail for the insurance scam, but what made them think there would not be an investigation.  They should have enhanced sentencing for stupid. Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keta

Lots of old wooden sein boats went down in Alaska from opening the skuttle cocks and few were recovered.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

FatTuna

I've heard rumors that several fishing vessels from around here pulled this scam. I think it's a lot more common than people think. Fisherman realizes his business is failing. Needs money right away. The old insurance scam.

I had a roommate in college that was hard up for cash. He decided he was going to ram his car into one of those cement columns at the mall and claim it got damage by a hit and run. When he got home we looked at his car and there was orange and yellow paint from the column. It was really obvious that it wasn't a hit and run. The insurance guy came to look and never said anything. He got a check in the mail from the insurance company.

Bill B

You have to wonder what's going through their minds when the only option is sink my boat.  Hopefully the USCG pulls his skippers license.  Someone willing to pull this kind of stunt should not be in charge of other people's lives....JMO....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Jim Fujitani

The cost of insurance companies paying off in these scams is passed on as increased premiums to the rest of us.  So if anyone is caught, prosecuted, fined and serve jail time, we should rejoice.

I recall once testifying during the prosecution of an insurance scammer.  The convict moved into a duplex and then reported his high end stereo set up was ripped off one weekend when he was out of town.  The neighbor on the other side even saw two guys back a moving van into the drive way and load up the stereo set up.  They probably took it to the next house the convict rented.  The convict got a check from his renter's insurance.

And then there are the auto crash scammers!!!!!  I know of one guy's record that DMV used to use for training their new investigators.  The scammer's DMV print out reached longer than ceiling to floor, and the guy wasn't even yet 25 years old at the time.  And the wrecks that were on that print out were only the ones that were reported to DMV via SR1 form or police reports!