Time out for rotator cuff surgery

Started by mmayo, February 17, 2017, 02:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmayo

I tore at least my right rotator cuff when moving so under the knife I go in late March.  The arthroscopic procedure and rehab should put most woodworking on hold for a while.  Please be patient and know I would rather be in the shop making something.
Kites fly the highest against the wind, not with it.

Cor

Cornelis

bluefish69

Good luck with it. I have been there & done that. Also tore the Muscle that goes over the top of the Shoulder.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Dominick

Good luck Mark.  Go slow on the PT and you'll be back in good shape.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Reel 224

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Mark.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

thorhammer

steelfish

The Baja Guy

STRIPER LOU

Hey Mark, the Doc's have it down pat now. Had it done along with a few other things and they had to put in a couple anchors in the shoulder. First few trips to PT can be tough but the outcome is usually better than expected.

Anything that's foolish enough to jump on my line always comes into the boat unless I screw up.

The best of luck and keep us posted on how its going,  ..  Lou

Donnyboat

Good luck Mark, had mine done late October, still not real good, had it in a sling for 7 weeks, then started the physio, it is wize to do the physio, but dont over do it, steady steady, I have my post op apointment on Feb 28, I may learn more then, I had my left arm smashed with a tractor tyre blowing up about three years ago, broke 3 ribs as well, so cant sleep on that side for to long, and cant sleep on my right side since the op, so I am sleeping sitting up in the lounge chair, I have been cheeting, the wife had a knee replacement on Jan 20, so I have been using her Tanacon 1000 electric reel, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Jerseymic

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Mike.

mizmo67

Ouch! Good luck with the surgery. Also, make sure you do the physical therapy as they instruct afterwards, so it gets the strength back. It's easy to say.."done the official pt visits and I don't need to do this anymore". Keeping up the home exercises really helps with mobility.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

mmayo

OK, I'm back in the shop but sore. Physical therapy starts this week and I'll be the best student in this class, believe me.

A dozen or so cedar plugs were drilled today and more work in them will follow daily. It may be slower, but they will be fine soon. Bring on the albacore!!!
Kites fly the highest against the wind, not with it.

coastal_dan

Glad to hear it went well!  Good luck with the PT!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...